The Bluths are back.

I mean, they've always had tons of big cameos (Ben Stiller, Amy Poehler, Scott Baio, Heather Graham, Carl Weathers, Zach Braff, Charlize Theron, Judge Reinhold, Inside the Actors Studio guy, etc. just off the top of my head) but after watching the original seasons so many dozens of times they barely register for me anymore. Sure, it's novel and a little distracting the first viewing, but I'm sure it'll eventually become less noticeable and the strong writing will prevail.

Kristen Wiig is a great young Lucille Bluth. Even the kid who played Buster did better than Seth Rogen. I'm still just 3 in, but I'm really enjoying it.

That is one of the first things that was extremely off-putting about some of these episodes. The flashbacks are terrible. I am overall enjoying it so far though, especially seeing more Tobias.

The way they wove this story together surpasses even stuff they did in the first 3 seasons because they were working with a compacted framework (even though the actual timeline spans a while). Not to say the episodes are better, necessarily, but I really enjoyed the season, and at least are AS enjoyable. And, some characters seem like they're missing at first, but the way the episodes work everyone gets their spotlight by the end.

I still think it maintained all the staples that made AD so great. I haven't read a lot of online reaction, but I've heard some people commenting that other people were complaining and I can only see that happening if the person is only a few episodes in.

My fave episode was the first George Michael one.

The way they wove this story together surpasses even stuff they did in the first 3 seasons because they were working with a compacted framework (even though the actual timeline spans a while). Not to say the episodes are better, necessarily, but I really enjoyed the season, and at least are AS enjoyable. And, some characters seem like they're missing at first, but the way the episodes work everyone gets their spotlight by the end.

I still think it maintained all the staples that made AD so great. I haven't read a lot of online reaction, but I've heard some people commenting that other people were complaining and I can only see that happening if the person is only a few episodes in.

My fave episode was the first George Michael one.

It would have been so easy to just make callback after callback. They did something bolder with this and I think in time it will pay off for them. I agree though that the flashbacks with seth rogen are too much.