Polyvinyl Record Co Quality

I have recently purchased American Football's self titled LP on Polyvinyl records, and have found that the majority of the album contains a significant amount of surface noise. Though the record appears clean and scratch/ debris free- the noise is present.

I was curious if anyone else has had this issue with this particular record or any other Polyvinyl release.

I have recently purchased American Football's self titled LP on Polyvinyl records, and have found that the majority of the album contains a significant amount of surface noise. Though the record appears clean and scratch/ debris free- the noise is present.

I was curious if anyone else has had this issue with this particular record or any other Polyvinyl release.

I have one of the green pressings of this and haven't noticed any noise.

I have found that their jackets spine is kind of weak, but thats a different story.

Polyvinyl is probably the best label I've bought from. Nearly every release is top notch, and customer service is super nice. They've hooked me up with mp3s to OOP albums I've bought in brick & mortar stores and photo passes to shows.

Like someone mentioned before, that may be an older pressing where quality might have been an issue, but everything from the past few years is all 180g and excellent. Or maybe it was from another plant at the time, or even just a fluke.

i don't know. the swirly color pressings of Deerhoof and Asobi Seksu left a little to be desired. i had static and lots of popping on both of those. i don't know if i just got stiffed on my pressings or if they switched plants and lost some quality. they've always been super consistent with their black 180 gram pressings, and now that they've gone the $2 more for color route i've noticed the records aren't as awesome as they used to be for sound/fidelity.

maybe my table is just going to shit and it's not really the records, but then again, i just listened to 2 records tonight and they sounded fine.