Anyone Know Anything About Paranormal Shit?

No dude deff understandable. Im into the research but never actually caught onto taking in real belief in it.

The Lady apparently just left. Packed her stuff called the office and told them I just had to go let me know what i owe you to break the lease. I figured an emergency had happened or something. or job location changed. or something i really dont know.

The Building itself isnt all that old these are the newest apartments in Rock Hill, They've only been up about 7 years i guess. The grounds I think used to be used for something else If i remember correctly it was an empty field but used, not sure what for.

I have been tempted to ask My leasing consultant but not sure if they can give you that information. But other than my dog which has been my main concern Just stuff moved around that I dont remember putting in those places. Usually hang my keys on the keyholder next to the door this morning they were on the floor. TV has came on while listening to records one time. Came in today after work and 4 Kitchen drawers were halfway open. Just weird shit man.

I don't believe in ghosts. But I am open to the idea there are things that we cannot sense. For example, if no human had vision, we would never even fathom that vision could be perceived. We wouldn't be able to describe it.

A lot of animals have senses we don't. Many fish have an electroreception sense. They can produce an electric field with their bodies and sense the electric fields of others. Elephants have a seismic sense that allows them to detect seismic activity (a herd of elephants running in distance will allow them to find each other, or they can communicate by stomping, or recognize each other's foot steps). I'm sure you know about bat's echolocation.  Birds, fish, turtles and bees have a magnetoreception sense and can detect Earth's magnetic fields.

So maybe poltergeists are an animal-like being that has evolved some sort of camouflage of being detected by our senses? 

I got the shit scared out of me last night. Nothing weird has ever happened to us where we currently live, but something woke me up at exactly 3AM last night (according to my wife and the internet, that's when all the spirit crap goes does). It sounded like my oldest daughter opened her bedroom door, ran to our bedroom door, and then pressed against it. The first initial sound woke me up so I sat there waiting for her to open our door and crawl into our bed, but then I heard footsteps slowly go back to the other end of the house and figured maybe she changed her mind about trying to sleep with us because it's something we try and not let her do often now that she's older. A couple minutes later I heard the running again and the weight against our bedroom door, this time I got up and opened the door and nothing was there. I thought it was our cat but it was sitting on our bed. I checked on the kids, all the doors, windows. Looked in every closet and shower. Nothing was different then any other night. Took me about 3 hours to finally fall back asleep. Curious to see if anything happens again tonight.

PS: If you like creepy stories this one from Liam Lynch (Sifl And Olly) always freaks me out, fast-forward to 00:55:07.

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/10/nerdist-podcast-neil-degrasse-tyson-returns/

This could have been an episode of sleep paralysis. It happens when you're exhausted and you start dreaming while semi-conscious. Usually always something scary. All of the alien abduction stories and a lot of ghost stories can be accounted for by sleep paralysis. I've experienced it 5 times myself.

• 11 months later...

Sleep paralysis is the creepiest thing ever!! I get it at least once a week And I see the most fucked up stuff!! For some reason everyone sees an old woman. It's called the "old hag syndrome". Google it. I get that we are half awake and half asleep but why are we all seeing the same woman? I didnt know it was a thing till years after when I googled. She was standing next to my bed and pointing at me and screaming something I couldn't understand and of course I'm frozen because my body is still "asleep" but my eyes are wide open. Sooo fucked up. I've seen a dozen things since then but that was the only time I saw her. Multiple times I've had stuff jump on my and I'm unable to breathe until I finally snap out of it and wake up.

Just last night I had sleep paraysis and I woke up and something was trying to pull me out of my body and I was looking down at myself ? Probably all a dream because that's what sleep paralysis is. You're not 100% conscious but man, when it's actually happening you'll believe anything!

I don't think the sleep paralysis is supernatural, just really messed up dreams. I do have a few encounters with haunted houses and shadow people But I'm half kiowa and we believe in that kind of stuff. Usually people just think I'm crazy so I don't share my stories very much.

Not sure if this counts, but 2 years ago I visited Eastern State Penitentiary in Philly (which is supposedly haunted) and had something weird happen to me.  I received a phone call from a friend almost as soon as I started my "self guided audio" tour and as soon as I went to answer it, the call ended.  I figured my friend called me by accident and hung up, if not I figured I would call him back later.  Almost immediately after that my phone went crazy.  It started opening app after app, and then opened my contacts and started scrolling up and down through my list while opening and closing contacts.  Then my phone shut off.  When i turned my phone back on my battery had gone from 95% charged to 5% left.  Mind you this was a touchscreen phone, so it's not possible that a button got jammed or anything, also doesn't explain the opening and closing and scrolling that was done during this time.  I called my friend later that day and asked him if he had called me earlier and he swears to this day that he never called me that day.  Shit was weird.

Not sure if this counts, but 2 years ago I visited Eastern State Penitentiary in Philly (which is supposedly haunted) and had something weird happen to me.  I received a phone call from a friend almost as soon as I started my "self guided audio" tour and as soon as I went to answer it, the call ended.  I figured my friend called me by accident and hung up, if not I figured I would call him back later.  Almost immediately after that my phone went crazy.  It started opening app after app, and then opened my contacts and started scrolling up and down through my list while opening and closing contacts.  Then my phone shut off.  When i turned my phone back on my battery had gone from 95% charged to 5% left.  Mind you this was a touchscreen phone, so it's not possible that a button got jammed or anything, also doesn't explain the opening and closing and scrolling that was done during this time.  I called my friend later that day and asked him if he had called me earlier and he swears to this day that he never called me that day.  Shit was weird.

That's the sign of a paranormal presence near you.  They absorb the energy from electronics to try to break through and contact the living.

A really good friend of mine tells me about sleep paralysis. He's also talked about seeing shadow people. what is interesting to me is how people claim to see the same things... I know with communication being the way it is these days, it's easy to get an idea in your head that may have stemmed from someone else's experience. So maybe that is all it is. Regardless, I'd like to hear more about Kiowa beliefs.

That's the sign of a paranormal presence near you.  They absorb the energy from electronics to try to break through and contact the living.

That's what I was thinking and I've experienced similar stuff in other places before, but that particular time was the most extreme instance.

Kiowas don't really have any unique supernatural beliefs that really stick out. Cheyennes and crows have some different beliefs concerning the supernatural but mainly we all believe in the spirit world. I know a lot of people don't believe in it, which I respect, but none of us really question it. We know that there are good spirits and bad spirits.

I have some stories but I'll post them later when I'm home. Typing on This phone sucks.

If it happens i've got an upvote for you.

Thanks, man!

I mean, I was going to say something about the Palm Reading thread, but then I thought about it for a moment, and remembered that she isn't charging anything to do her readings, and everybody in that thread is just having a good time. It sure isn't my business. No harm, no foul; to each his own, etc.

I will however, raise an eyebrow if I see someone selling products based around the paranormal, or holistic medicine, or similar stuff, because I have a personal moral objection to that sort of thing.

Pretty sure there's nothing even remotely close to that happening on this board, so I'm sorry if I come across as condescending, but I just feel so shitty when I see people giving up their money for things that aren't founded in reality.

Carry on.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinions! I know that stuff can be really hard to believe, but I was raised around it so it's something thy I can't envision myself ever not believing about. Thanks for not saying anything negative in the palm thread though, you're right, it's all in good fun and I would never feel comfortable for charging for that stuff.

I have a few stories I might share here, but the one really shakes me up everytime I talk about it.

When I was little, if I had a bad dream, my mom would just tell me to put salt around my bed. True story.

I have a greater than average love of the unexplained, but I am also a huge skeptic. Meaning I don't default to "It must be a ghost".

This comes from an experience I had when I was a kid, where I saw orbs, shapes, and other weird shit all the time. Turned out I lived in an old house with a lot of lead paint, and carbon monoxide.

And a transparent girl from the Victorian era, with forks in her eyes.

Once upon a time, many many ages ago when I was a little boy, my grandma died. It was my dad's mother. I remember the night after the funeral, my brother, dad and I were watching TV in the basement and one of my brothers talking stuffed bears fucking lit up randomly and said "I'm fine, I'm fine." The thing is, that goddamn bear had to be in contact with something in order to be activated, AND that phrase was something that the damn toy wasn't programmed to say. Still creeps me out thinking about jt.

My brother is convinced my apartment is haunted, but I don't really believe it. There's a bunch of weird that shit that's happened to him, but never to me. I sometimes hear noises, but I attribute that to the fact the building is over 100 years old.

There are three instances that stick out to me that has happened to my brother. One time he was in the kitchen about to make some food. He was digging in the pantry, when all of a sudden the refrigerator door swings open by itself. He asked his friend if he did it, but he swears up and down he didn't. Another instance is when my brother was home alone on the computer, listening to music, when all of a sudden the music turned itself down, he heard the bathroom door close, and then the music turned back up to the original volume he had it set on.

The last instance is the most fucked up, and one I remember most because I got robbed that night as well. I had the house to myself, and decided to order a pizza, drink some Jack, and just relax on the couch watching Netflix. I end up passing out, and am awaken by my brother and his friend coming home. I go into my bedroom, leaving my pants in the living room. The next morning I wake up, and go about my business. When I dig through my pants, I found out I had over $500 missing from my wallet (was going to pay rent, but my landlord was out of town for the weekend, and my bank was closed till Monday). I wake my brother up and asked if he or his friend took it. He swears that they didn't, and he tells me all the cash from his wallet was taken (over $200, as well as some weed, his scale, and some pills). What happened was he was on the couch about to smoke his bong, while his friend was in the kitchen grabbing something to drink. As my brother was about to light it, he hears someone say "Don't." right next to him. He looked over thinking his friend was playing a prank on him, and when nobody was there, he shrugs it off and goes to light it. All of a sudden the bong explodes. He starts crying and freaking the fuck out telling his friend they need to get the fuck out. They run out of the apartment, and leave my apartment unlocked. My brother and his friend walked around town for awhile, because my brother was afraid to come home. After a couple hours, he comes home and finds all of his shit is gone. So somebody must have came and took all of that while I was sleeping, and he was gone. It's weird that they didn't take more, like my big screen tv, and other things. But the strangest thing of all, the bong was gone. All the pieces were gone, and the wet spot as well. I doubt whoever robbed us picked up all the broken glass, and cleaned the carpet.

But yeah, that's my story.

• 4 weeks later...