The NEW Dead Format

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

You can check out a list of all the stuff that's changed here: http://deadformat.net/topic/39071 Or, like somethingvinyl said, get a quick overview of some key new features at http://www.deadformat.net/tour.php

If you have any suggestions/feature requests/bug reports, please post them on the DF board!

Hope everyone enjoys the new site... it's been a long time coming!

Did anyone else lose pictures on their list? I uploaded a bunch of pictures for my 7"'s on Saturday and now they're all gone...

All my photos are there except the three I added on Friday evening. So you may be out of luck. :-/

Yeah the ones I uploaded last week are fine, but the ones from this weekend are gone :/

Updated my list today. I thought one of the bugs they fixed was disregarding the "the." Doesn't work apparently and it irks me.

It's not a bug per se. You can enable sorting without "the" on your tradelist settings page.

Any other issues or feature requests, it would be amazing if people would please post them on the DF board so they can be taken care of! Thanks!

i'd gotten really used to keeping a separate word document (google documents that are available anywhere as long as you have a browser and know your google password) to manage my list and when it came time to update, delete my whole tradelist and reupload it.

This kept my records organized the way I want them to be.

Dead Format's new UI is nice but it forces alphabetical sorting of each band's albums, where I'd really prefer they be sorted chronologically by release year. I don't suppose there's any way to turn alphabetization off, or at least restrict it to ONLY alphabetizing by first LETTER, which would be the band's name, and let me do the rest?

i'd gotten really used to keeping a separate word document (google documents that are available anywhere as long as you have a browser and know your google password) to manage my list and when it came time to update, delete my whole tradelist and reupload it.

Dead Format's new UI is nice but it forces alphabetical sorting of each band's albums, where I'd really prefer they be sorted chronologically by release year. I don't suppose there's any way to turn alphabetization off, or at least restrict it to ONLY alphabetizing by first LETTER, which would be the band's name, and let me do the rest?

I wouldn't expect Dead Format to sort that out for you. A small bands demo 7" could have a disputed release date or have been pressed years after being originally released on another format. For those who would want it chronologically one should do this:

(example) Foo Fighters - 1995 - Self Titled (Black)

Put the year yourself. Problem solved.

i'm not a huge fan of the redesign...it feels like it requires far more clicks to do anything...like i used to be able to go to edit tradelist, or add to tradelist from the "view" page, but now there'st his tradelist central and dropdown menu, where i'd prefer it just listed them all by default.

not a big deal i guess, but annoying nonetheless

I wouldn't expect Dead Format to sort that out for you. A small bands demo 7" could have a disputed release date or have been pressed years after being originally released on another format. For those who would want it chronologically one should do this:

(example) Foo Fighters - 1995 - Self Titled (Black)

Put the year yourself. Problem solved.

wasn't expecting them to do it for me, per se...more wishing for an option to turn off or adjust sort settings.

regardless that's a great workaround I will just need to tweak my list, good looks

How do I access the mobile version?

From what i have read there is not mobile version, the website is just optimised for mobile devices.

So just visit the site with the browser on your mobile device.

Saying that, since the re-design i struggle to use it on my iPhone 4. just loads whats on the screen then lags. Going to give it a few more tries before i report it as a bug.

Check it out, just made a little thing to generate automatically updating signatures. Just use this for the image source:

http://deadformat.net/sig/yourusername

Will generate this:

[image]

While this did just get me to update my list a bit, it also made me realize that I have way to many records.