Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

Let's see these weapons of shred.

[image]

My lovelies:

Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin: Fucking ADORE this guitar. Great stock pickups, sounds great unplugged, brilliant action. If you're playing with the idea of going semi-hollow, this is an affordable solution that far from lacking in quality.

Fender Stratocaster: My first love. American made, custom color with matching headstock. Switched out the bridge pickup with a Dimarzio Single Coil Humbucker when I used it during my metal days. Don't remember the exact model name, but I asked the dude for the hottest one he had at the shop. This one is apparently hotter than Yngwie Malmsteens signature... definitely goes to 11. SUSTAIN!

Past guits that I regret selling:

-Ibanez S series

-Ibanez 7string double cutaway

Guest markovianprocess

In the last 2 weeks, I've sold these on to pay off some student debt:

1. Schecter C1 Classic in Blueburst

2. Schecter C1 Lady Luck in Red

3. Danelectro DC-59 90s Reissue in Yellow

4. Danelectro 56-U2 90s Reissue in Baby Blue

5. Vintage VR-100

6. Casio DG-10 Electronic Guitar

[image]

1-4 are pictured here. I'm only keeping the one in the middle, hands down the best guitar I've ever played. It's a cross between a Fender Thinline Telecaster and a Fender American Traditional Tele. It's so twangy and lovely to play, and the cleans are blissful.

Aww man.. bet those were hard to let go. My buddy has that babyblue Danelectro. I was pretty suprised at the sound and playability. Pretty affordable. If I remember correctly, it's pretty damn lightwight, right? What's it made out of?

Keep the Tele. Played a few of that version. Great sound, sweet neck.

Guest markovianprocess

It's actually a different neck that is on it, I'm not sure which pickups they are, but they are great. It was an eBay buy, and the guy was quite into modding his guitars.

The Danelectros are made from a plasterboard type material and that keeps costs right down, super light and they are a great buy for the price.

I play bass...these are the ladies. From left to right: '74 jazz, '75 jazz, '63 precision, '70s Univox precision.

I have a bunch of vintage Acoustic (brand) amps and cabs as well.

[image]

Diggin' that setup Mayor West. 8-)

Edit: Here are some old pics, but I still have it all minus the mixer. The 2nd pic is two 370s with the matching 1x18" cabs but the speakers need to be replaced/repaired. One day I will get all of it hooked up...

[image]

[image]

Guest errolwest

thanks dude! the acoustic 450 is a beautiful thing. is that what you have pictured but in combo amp form? that unit looks pretty slick!

thanks dude! the acoustic 450 is a beautiful thing. is that what you have pictured but in combo amp form? that unit looks pretty slick!

The combo is a B-120 1x15". I do enjoy it, especially since I don't have to lug around a 2x15" for gigs.

Though I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those 4x15" cabs they made... :o

Guest errolwest

The combo is a B-120 1x15". I do enjoy it, especially since I don't have to lug around a 2x15" for gigs.

Though I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those 4x15" cabs they made... :o

dammmmn. 4x15? that is NUTS.

I'll post pictures when I get a moment, but I've got:

a vox ac30 4x10 and a silver face fender super reverb

'69 telecaster thinline

80s epiphone les paul

Epiphone sg400

Stratocaster

Fender mustang

40s silvertone archtop

Takamine Santa Fe esf40

70s ovation balladeer deluxe

And a couple odds and ends vintage weirdos

I get a new guitar on friday, I'll take some pictures when I get it. But as a list here is what I have:

Gibson Marauder (bridge pickup routed and replaced with a Gibson 57 Classic humbucker)

Gibson Les Paul Special

Gibson Hummingbird (Chinese fake)

Traynor YBA-1 (master volume mod)

Custom made 212 with Greenbacks

2x Traynor YSC-2 412 columns

Tubescreamer, OD-3, Memory Boy delay, DOD analog delay

Drums

Custom SJC Kit in dark walnut satin stain

20x22, 8x12, 16x16

UDrum custom 6x14 snare

Iron Cobra single kick

Zlidjian A Custom 19" projection crash

Zildjian A Custom 22" ride

Sabian HHX 20" Ride

Zildjian Z Custom 14" hats

I've recently paired down my collection from nine guitars to three (actually, four because I bought a new guitar with the money). I sold an Epiphone G-400, Ibanez AF75, Ibanez AR200, Telecaster Highway 1, a vintage 1960's no-name jaguar-type guitar, and a Takamine EG334. These were the photos I took for the craigslist ads I placed:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Here's what I currently own: A 2011 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Double-cut with p-90's, 2009 American Standard Strat, and a 2007 Epiphone Masterbuilt Acoustic (not pictured). As you can tell, I'm a closet player. This stuff never leaves my home.

[image]

I miss all the guitars I sold to some extent but I reeeeeeally love that LP I bought with the money. And I had enough extra money to buy both amps in the photo; the Blues Jr. NOS and the Marshall Class 5. I bought everything insanely cheap through sales combined with rebates and no tax or shipping.

Guest markovianprocess

I think it's better just having a few great guitars than like 10 decent ones. That's a really nice setup.

I'm going to wait for a bit, but I'm pretty certain this will be my next purchase, a Simon & Patrick Woodland Pro parlor guitar. I really like this size of acoustic, it's just a lot more comfortable for me to play. It's also beautifully simple looking.

[image]

I posted my gear in another thread once but I'm too lazy to go find it.

[image]

The bass is technically my roommate's but he never uses it and I use it so often to record that I'm probably buying it from him soon anyways. Also ordering an MXL condenser mic (990 or V63M haven't settled on which yet) to record acoustic for my post rock project. My next guitar will probably be a schecter just because I'm sick of getting shit with wild pointy shapes (first guitar was a warlock that I destroyed over the summer).

(Jackson RR3, Rogue RA100-D, Ibanez GSR 200, Explorer built with parts from Warmoth, Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer, M-Audio Jamlab and a Rogue analog delay. Not pictured or really worth mentioning: 10W Ibanez amp.)

I've recently paired down my collection from nine guitars to three (actually, four because I bought a new guitar with the money). I sold an Epiphone G-400, Ibanez AF75, Ibanez AR200, Telecaster Highway 1, a vintage 1960's no-name jaguar-type guitar, and a Takamine EG334.
How did you like that Highway One Tele? I was gonna get one from my local shop a couple months back, but Fender stopped producing them and are out of stock.

How did you like that Highway One Tele? I was gonna get one from my local shop a couple months back, but Fender stopped producing them and are out of stock.

I liked it a lot but I also have a Meximelt Tele, that I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that I liked just a little bit better. Actually, I think it was the stock pickups I liked better. Anyway, I chose to sell the US Tele only because it had I higher resell value. If you can find a used hwy 1 for around $500, I'd highly recommend it.