Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

I need a cheap amp (I live in an apartment and am just learning guitar really.. even though I purchased that lovely Fender JA-90). Anyone have any experience with the Orange Crush Pix series? (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/orange-amplifiers-crush-pix-cr20l-combo) -- or what would you suggest for the $120ish price point?

I need a cheap amp (I live in an apartment and am just learning guitar really.. even though I purchased that lovely Fender JA-90). Anyone have any experience with the Orange Crush Pix series? (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/orange-amplifiers-crush-pix-cr20l-combo) -- or what would you suggest for the $120ish price point?

I'd say get it, but go try some others out too.  There's Fender amps in the same price range too, as well as Marshall amps.  

Get iRig for your iPad / iPhone.

That thing sounds wild.  Like a video game distortion.

I've been messing with it for a while and it goes from really sweet fuzz to crazy static

It's in the TSA loop so it's very quick to go nuts

You have that and a rainbow machine, tell your tone I said sorry.

Haha, but in all seriousness, you must be making some weird ass noise with those!

The arpanoid is after the rainbow machine followed by the black fountain

it's a mess of crazy sounds and I love all of it

Got the fuzz today! Been playing around with it. The only other fuzz I've tried is the Zvex Fuzz Factory which was a bit too much for my taste. The monoprice fuzz is a bit tame compared to most fuzzes I have heard, but for someone like me, that is a good thing. When I need the extra bump, I'll pair it with the Maxon OD808. I'll try and get a sample posted if anyone is interested!

Current board:

fef38e6433.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked Reverb.com? I feel like I've seen BYOP kits between $30-$60 on there. I couldn't link you to anything specific. I've found them while perusing for other things.

BTW I splurged and got myself a Fulltone Full-Drive 3 and a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus pedal this week. The FD-3 does everything the FD-2 does, but much better. I think my favorite part about this pedal is the clean boost, though. CH-1 comes in the mail tomorrow.  :D

That being said, anyone wanna buy a Full-Drive 2 Mosfet? Or trade me a Swollen Pickle or Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker?

Have you checked Reverb.com? I feel like I've seen BYOP kits between $30-$60 on there. I couldn't link you to anything specific. I've found them while perusing for other things.

BTW I splurged and got myself a Fulltone Full-Drive 3 and a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus pedal this week. The FD-3 does everything the FD-2 does, but much better. I think my favorite part about this pedal is the clean boost, though. CH-1 comes in the mail tomorrow.  :D

That being said, anyone wanna buy a Full-Drive 2 Mosfet? Or trade me a Swollen Pickle or Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker?

Just found some dude via youtube.  $25 for a simple fuzz circuit shipped from Australia.  I'll look into reverb.

Just found some dude via youtube.  $25 for a simple fuzz circuit shipped from Australia.  I'll look into reverb.

I'm getting into building guitar pedals as well. Mammoth Electronics has some good stuff for around 30-40 and you can have your enclosures pre painted if you'd like!