Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

Viewing all of these setups makes me feel bad for the electric guitars that have been sitting in cases for over a year.  I think I've posted my rig before; however, if not, my electric setup: 

- 2 Fender telecasters (blond w/ tortoise shell pickguard, red w/ black pickguard)

- Schecter Tempest w/ Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon in bridge

- Squier '51 w/ Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon in bridge

- Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

- Marshall MosFet Lead 100

No pedals outside of a tuner because rock n' roll needs not effects.  After my last band broke up, I put all of my focus on acoustic guitars and writing sad bastard songs.  Maybe someday I'll play that old time rock n' roll again. 

Just picked up an Orange 1 x 12 - 16ohm Cab for my Micro terror.....didnt really think it would be all that fantastic.....great for my practice set up..........

I plugged it into my ENGL Powerball 100w Tube Head...........The Cab is a Monster........im actually going to sell my 4x12 and just use a 1 x 12.....the thing is punchy as 

...i also picked up a schecter 7 string to muck around on......never owned/played one......seems like a bit of fun 

IMG_20160104_162525_zpshxhqtmkh.jpg

Just got some new pictures of my older Marauders and some shots of my new Japanese Telecaster. 

Fender Telecaster. Japanese, Fender custom shop pickups, cloth wiring and proper grounding done to the guitar. 

23460589504_2e93f384b1_z.jpgFender Telecaster (Japanese) by Kyle Krische, on Flickr

Gibson Marauder. Modded to fit a Lollar Imperial humbucker in the bridge.

24088835035_16c332b16c_z.jpgGibson Marauder (maroon) by Kyle Krische, on Flickr

Gibson Marauder. Modded to fit a Gibson 57 Classic humbucker in the bridge.

23721023259_9a58bc41b2_z.jpgGibson Marauder (Natural) by Kyle Krische, on Flickr

Amps:

Vox AC30 Limited Edition (red tolex, greenbacks)

Sovtek Mig 50 head

Traynor YBA1 head

Traynor YBA1 head (heavily modded. Channel 1 is a Fender Bassman circuit, Channel 2 is a Marshall JTM circuit) 

Traynor YBA3 head (use primarily for bass)

Cab:

Custom built 212 w/ greenbacks

always wanted a maurader.

i used to have a sonex 180 but had to pawn it to help pay for my mom's funeral and when i went to get it out, i fucked up and it had expired like 3 days before and they already had it out and it had sold. hopefully in the upcoming year i can find another one for a decent price. a friend was nice enough to give me an old sg he had, but i had to fix it up. gonna take it in next week and get a new bridge and such and some new pickups as the ones on it are rusted and patina'd already.

• 4 weeks later...

got a question for you guys.. and heres a picture of my messy setup as a peace offering..

WOFMPn2.jpg

Fender telecaster JA90

Gibson les paul studio pro

and some shitty epiphone bass.. 

im not a bass player, got it for small recordings and i usually use it through the computer but the results arent very good as it is. no matter what i do its not punchy enough so id like to get a combo. something cheap but still somewhat loud and decent sounding. You guys have any suggestions?  i dont know how loud it needs to be but i want to be able to use it to jam in the room. needs to be kinda cheap too. like 250$ new or used. 

• 2 weeks later...

went ahead and ordered a Yamaha THR10C (thanks for nothing, dicks).  

If anybody is in the market for a moderately priced desktop amp, this thing is pretty sweet.  I have been using it primarily with headphones, but it also sounds good coming out of the internal 4" speakers.  

This particular model (C = classic or C = combo) is based on more traditional clean sounding amps so it doesn't have a ton of gain available (haven't tried it with a drive pedal yet) but works really well for my purposes.

Cables are the easy part! What guitar are you rockin these days, dude?

well i had a sonex 180 i loved but i had to pawn it to pay for my mom's funeral and i forgot to go pay it and was 2 days late and it was already sold. so i did a lot of graphic work for a buddy and instead of paying me, he got me a Gibson SG for payment. but it's pretty beat up so i have to put some work into it (new bridge, tailpiece, pickups, etc. etc.) gonna cost a penny after it's all said and done.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-standard-jazzmaster-hh-rosewood-fingerboard-electric-guitar#productDetail

Anybody own one? Close to pulling the trigger.

edit: thoughts on how it compares to an American model?

I have the black MIM jazz master and I love it to death. Had an sg for the longest time but wanted something less chunky. The jazzmaster has been a great move; good middle ground between the Fender "sound" and a Gibson, highly recommended. Never thought I'd care about a whammy bar either but it's lots of fun incorporating into playing! All that said, I've never personally played a US one, but imo the MIM ones are worth the money

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-standard-jazzmaster-hh-rosewood-fingerboard-electric-guitar#productDetail

Anybody own one? Close to pulling the trigger.

edit: thoughts on how it compares to an American model?

owned a bunch of US telecasters and most of the MIM i tried were pretty much the same apart from the fact that people seemed to take less care of them. last purchase i even got some korean or whatever. telecaster JA90. had such a hard time committing to this purchase.  i thought the price was a bit high but its the one that sounded and felt the best to me. 

went ahead and ordered a Yamaha THR10C (thanks for nothing, dicks).  

If anybody is in the market for a moderately priced desktop amp, this thing is pretty sweet.  I have been using it primarily with headphones, but it also sounds good coming out of the internal 4" speakers.  

This particular model (C = classic or C = combo) is based on more traditional clean sounding amps so it doesn't have a ton of gain available (haven't tried it with a drive pedal yet) but works really well for my purposes.

best small amp seriously, i hate myself for buying the roland cube Lite instead of it to save money.

owned a bunch of US telecasters and most of the MIM i tried were pretty much the same apart from the fact that people seemed to take less care of them. last purchase i even got some korean or whatever. telecaster JA90. had such a hard time committing to this purchase.  i thought the price was a bit high but its the one that sounded and felt the best to me. 

I own a JA90 and absolutely love it.

in regards to the MIM question(wont let me quote it for some reason?)

ive palyed a ton of different jazzmasters from the squire/made in vietnam kinda stuff, all the way up to AVRI/an actual 67' jazzmaster. the only problem i find with the mim stuff is A. the electronics(their tolerences are way too forgiving, resulting in values that are way way way off usually) and the bridge+tail piece are REALLLLLLLY poorly manufactured) also from stock, the neck needs to be shimmed/thicker strings need to be put on to make the bridge design work properly(basically no strings lighter than 0.11) or the bridge design wont work properly and your tuning stability will be wanting. other than that though, MIM stuff plays really really nicely

ALSO; just scooped up a vintage heathkit mono hifi amp with original phillips 6L6's in it for $100. thinking of tinkering around and turning it into a a jcm800 kinda deal. pretty stoked

how do those sound? There's a Heathkit "Starmaker" on CL here that I've been very curious about. Read the main thing that needs to be done is to switch the supply to a three prong, but beyond that I hate watching videos of other people playing to get a solid idea of the sound

how do those sound? There's a Heathkit "Starmaker" on CL here that I've been very curious about. Read the main thing that needs to be done is to switch the supply to a three prong, but beyond that I hate watching videos of other people playing to get a solid idea of the sound

its pretty good stock! you are right, swapping out the old cord is really important, as is removing the death capacitor(DONT DO THIS IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DISCHARGE CAPS!!) the other thing you should do is change the input impedence to something a bit more suited to a guitar. messing around with the tone stack is also probably a pretty good idea, too

its pretty good stock! you are right, swapping out the old cord is really important, as is removing the death capacitor(DONT DO THIS IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DISCHARGE CAPS!!) the other thing you should do is change the input impedence to something a bit more suited to a guitar. messing around with the tone stack is also probably a pretty good idea, too

just looked at the starmaker and it IS an actual guitar amp so disregard most of what i said(except for the chord/cap thing, that still stands as a really good thing to do)

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, spoon said:

Got this 1972 Fender Mustang in competition orange just the other day and I couldn't be happier. I plan on adding some black Mustang pickup covers (it currently has a set of '74 strat pickups) but other than that it plays like a dream.

91401895-B117-4580-A6D9-EFA754CD9A19_zps

I'd consider some red or orange covers on there.  I think they're the same size as strat pickup covers.