Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm slowly getting more serious about learning guitar, here is my gear.

This was my dream guitar (now my dream guitar is a 2016 Gibson Memphis Les Paul semi-hollow), so I decided to buy it:

Fender JA-90 Jim Adkins Signature Telecaster

MUIi8N0.jpg

This is my newest guitar, I don't know much of anything about it, but it was cheap and I absolutely love how it feels/plays.

It's a Samick Greg Barnett Design Ultramatic UM3

Egr08Ly.jpg

Playing through a Marshall MG250DFX 100 watt amp, and a Boss Metal Zone pedal.

H0rUM9O.jpg

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

About to start a custom amp build. Pretty excited. Based loosely off of an ac15. The pre-amp stage will be almost an exact copy of an ac15hw- where it gets interesting is the output stage. It will be a 2x12 combo amp and I am putting in 2 output transformers and a switch that allows me to run in 3 different modes: 1x12 15w mono, 2x12 15w dual mono, or 2x12 15w stereo.

I run a lot of stereo fx so being able to run in stereo without a second amp will be very nice. Being able to pair 2 different speakers for dual mono will be pretty sexy as well. Should be a fun way to spend all of my the money and free time I don't have for the next few months. 

28350603544_1e5456c4a5_b.jpg

Picked up this Harmony H801 off of craigslist for $40 this past weekend

it needs some work, nut height is way too high, needs a shim between the neck and body, could use a fret leveling (even with the high action I'm still getting dead fret all over the place), a new input jack (current one works as long as you don't stress it)

the pickups on these things are weird as shit....never used a microphonic pickup before, sounds amazing with some drive/fuzz/distortion but feeds back like crazy the second you're not playing, I don't have any friends that have a noise-gate in their set up, but I want to see if that helps at all.  Over all I really like the neck and the short scale-length of this thing and with the tiniest bit of work I think I'm gonna end up being pretty damn happy with it for $40

• 2 weeks later...

Feel like I've visited this thread numerous times and have been too lazy to post my guitar. I don't own any electric guitars at this point - sold my Danelectro last year because I hadn't played it in years. But I've had this acoustic for close to 10 years now, and I don't think I'll ever want another.

IMG_1283.jpg

Taylor GA-3

It has a big, boomy sound that I feel fits with the way I play, as well as my voice. I've found that since I got it, I fingerpick a whole lot less - I have a Takamine and my wife's guitar (a nice 50s higher end Kay guitar) for softer stuff. 

And while I'm in this thread, I'm wondering if there are any of you electric guitar players who might be interested in helping me out on some recordings I'm working on. I've always been a lousy lead guitarist, and my solos are borderline embarrassing at times. I've been working on some songs this summer, and I desperately need to replace some of the lead parts with something that doesn't suck. My music is mostly folky/indie pop, but a few tracks are more in a roots rock vein. Is there anyone here who might be interested in recording some solos to add to my music? You can hear the kind of music I make in the link in my signature, and I can send you the tracks I'm working on if you message me.

So, there was an issue with the bridge huckbucker on the Gibson 2014 SGJ I purchased, so I returned it to Guitar Center

I decided to just do it right and purchased a Gibson 2016 Standard T instead... I am in love.

bHNoZ1k.jpg

yqeJN0N.jpg

Not a new guitar but added a Lollar J-Street bridge pickup to my Japanese Tele and it's amazing. Tele sound still but with almost a little P90 grit in the description had me interested so I went for it and love the sound. For the stuff I play, makes the tele much more usable all around. 

23460589504_2e93f384b1_z.jpgFender Telecaster (Japanese) by Kyle Krische, on Flickr

For Tardcore and other fellow lefties.

Finally got this bad boy today. Was at a show last night and randomly googled lefty '72 Telecaster Deluxe for sale and came upon it on Craigslist! Warmoth copy but still tight!

IMG_4365_zpsjmbwollr.jpg

Part of the family now. From left to right.

ESP Edwards Les Paul Custom copy (Zebra Duncan Pickups)

Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay

Warmoth '72 Telecaster Deluxe copy (Fender Wide Range Humbuckers)

Fender Japan 57' Precision Bass reissue (Duncan Quarter Pounder Pickups, Badass Bridge, Warmoth Black Pickguard)

IMG_4351_zpsszj8a4oh.jpg

Selling these two:

Ibanez AEG10LII (Acoustic-Electric)

1999 Squier Stratocaster (Chinese Made...as good as a old school Mexican Fender)

IMG_4358_zpscenwd87z.jpg

Edited by GradedOnACurve
Aliens

• 1 month later...
On September 4, 2016 at 10:20 PM, GradedOnACurve said:

Selling these two:

Ibanez AEG10LII (Acoustic-Electric)

1999 Squier Stratocaster (Chinese Made...as good as a old school Mexican Fender)

IMG_4358_zpscenwd87z.jpg

Hey still looking to see these. Anyone have any suggestions for a good website to sell these on aside from ebay and Cragislist? Also has anyone sold guitars to Guitar Center for store credit? Worth it?

4 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Hey still looking to see these. Anyone have any suggestions for a good website to sell these on aside from ebay and Cragislist? Also has anyone sold guitars to Guitar Center for store credit? Worth it?

Guitar Center and Sam Ash are definitely not worth it.

As said above, Reverb(.com) is pretty great.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift