Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

Did anyone sign up for that "D'addario Beta" a while back? I just got a package in the mail with a set of "confidential beta" XL strings. They're a new set they plan on releasing this year.

I think I did. How are they?

I'm hoping I get chosen to beta test the Ernie Ball M-Steel strings..would like to see how "unbreakable' they really are  :P

Any of you dudes ever try pyramid strings? I recently got there round core classics strings and they are probably some of the best sounding strings I've ever played. Not to mention that the string gauges are often more slack than the strings that are being sold today. I can finally buy 12's and not have a hard time playing them. 

Any of you dudes ever try pyramid strings? I recently got there round core classics strings and they are probably some of the best sounding strings I've ever played. Not to mention that the string gauges are often more slack than the strings that are being sold today. I can finally buy 12's and not have a hard time playing them. 

Have not but I'm intrigued. Do they have a coated set? (yes, im one of THOSE guys)

Have not but I'm intrigued. Do they have a coated set? (yes, im one of THOSE guys)

haha, I know what you mean. I used to only buy those as well, but once I switched to pyramid I didn't really care. Pyramids for me last around 7 to 8 months and that's playing everyday(that's playing everyday for at least 5 or so hours). Even when they are "dead" they still sound good. They're pricey, but easily worth the money with how long they last. Thinking about it now, It's kind of stupid how long they last, haha. 

I just got pics of the road case for my Meatsmoke that Verellen built for me - I'm not even more antsy about getting all of this! The package will be the best mail day ever, all in one box will be: Verellen Meatsmoke 300w all tube handwired bass amp, Road Case with casters, Verellen Big Spider fuzz pedal, and Verellen t-shirt. 

12226827036_e948a4af1c_b.jpg

Getting a little bored with guitar (I can't shred or anything and think my skills have peaked). Been thinking about trying drums for a while but know absolutely nothing about them (just need to get a set and I will learn via the web).

Good deal?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/msg/4287841378.html

Looking for that middle ground -- not pro level but not entry either. If anyone is bored and wants to look around on metro detroit craigslist for me, that is cool too.

Thanks man! The funny thing is I don't even really play bass anymore. I sub for bands every once in awhile, but I like having nice equipment around in case I happen to hook up with musicians and finally find a band I'm interested in.

I hate to call the P an investment, but it's an asset that certainly won't decrease in value over time. This is one of the rare quality 1970s Fender instruments. A little heavy but a very nice player with tons of wear and mojo. Sounds just like a good P should, especially through the SVT. Oh, and all original, too!

$450 is a decent price. Looks like the heads will probably need replacing soon, though.

Appreciate the advice. Think I'm just gonna tell him I found another deal. Do this a bit -- find something on craigslist and think "that's not that far" and then when I go to schedule pickup I think "shit...why didn't I just stick to my city. I don't feel like going to get that."

Still looking. Might ask same question again in a little bit.

i'm suprised no one commented on how great that EGC is. I had a clear body one, but i sent it back. it was super heavy. I had them change mine over to a semi-hollow body, and man, it's my favorite guitar i've ever played. I made sure my neck was super skinny too.

Love that guitar so much, man. I will admit it is heavy, but I've been playing les paul style guitars my whole life so I got used to the weight rather quickly. Also, yeah, the neck on mine is super thin. Love it