Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

How are those high flyers treating you, dude? Sell me one!

Haha, I love the Hi Flyers! I actually have plans for both: the one with the DiMarzios will be setup for drop D and will get some mods while the white one will stay stock with standard tuning.

If I ever decide to part with one I will be sure to let you know first!

Hey fellas, no picture here but I figured this would be a good thread to post this in.

I've been somewhat seriously playing guitar for a few years now, and about a year and half in, I felt like I just hit a road block in exceeding my 'skill' in anyway. I don't want to be stuck in this gray area forever, soooo any tips on how to get past this/what I should do/what I should practice, anything?

ampeg SVT classic bass amp

orange AD 200 bass amp

ampeg 6 x 10 cab

freda 2 x 10 cab (used for synthesizer)

moog little phatty

misc road case for holding just about everything

all in white road cases that look filthy 

i also have two bass guitars, both Fender Jazz (one american and one Japanese)

Digging that setup!

Bass pics please!

thanks so much.  took a long time to put it all together. and as soon as I got all the gear I wanted, I no longer had a band hahaha.

i don't have any good pics of the basses i have, I will have to take some.

my american jazz bass is black and has the same image as the bass cab printed on the pick guard (the little knuckle dusters)

my Japanese jazz bass is kind of a dark forest green color and has my face printed on the pick guard.  it used to get some pretty interesting looks at shows

i will try and get some pictures together soon

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess I'm gonna start a two piece band with a guy I work with, and I've been saving some money. Figured that here would be a good place to post to get some answers. Soooo I want to buy my first real setup. I'm pretty sold on an American Standard Tele. I've played a friend's, and I'm very much in love. I'm confused on an amp though. I'm down to the Vox ac30, fender twin reverb 65, and a marshall jcm800 or 900. I'm pretty sure the jcm800 is out of my budget. I've been doing a lot of research and plan on going down to GC to try some out, but I just wanted to get some feedback. I just want to know what is gonna have the most options for my sound. I know this isn't a guitar forum or anything, but could I get any help? I want a tone similar to Pianos Become the Teeth, La Dispute, Touche Amore, Taking Back Sunday (Where You Want To Be). I like the rhythm tones there. And Manchester Orchestra, Nirvana - In Utero, and Brand New - Daisy, Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now. I like those lead tones. But I also want the clean tones that Pinback has. I'll be purchasing some pedals too but that will vary once I find my sound. (If it wasn't obvious, I'm very new to this. I've played my acoustic for 6 years, but I don't touch my crappy electric that I have now with the peavy combo amp I bought way back. I don't know much about electric equipment at all).

So I guess I'm gonna start a two piece band with a guy I work with, and I've been saving some money. Figured that here would be a good place to post to get some answers. Soooo I want to buy my first real setup. I'm pretty sold on an American Standard Tele. I've played a friend's, and I'm very much in love. I'm confused on an amp though. I'm down to the Vox ac30, fender twin reverb 65, and a marshall jcm800 or 900. I'm pretty sure the jcm800 is out of my budget. I've been doing a lot of research and plan on going down to GC to try some out, but I just wanted to get some feedback. I just want to know what is gonna have the most options for my sound. I know this isn't a guitar forum or anything, but could I get any help? I want a tone similar to Pianos Become the Teeth, Touche Amore, Taking Back Sunday (Where You Want To Be and Louder Now), Manchester Orchestra (rhythm wise) and Nirvana - In Utero, and Brand New - Daisy (lead wise). But I also want the clean tones that Pinback has. I'll be purchasing some pedals too but that will vary once I find my sound. (If it wasn't obvious, I'm very new to this. I've played my acoustic for 6 years, but I don't touch my crappy electric that I have now with the peavy combo amp I bought way back. I don't know much about electric equipment at all).

Can you come play music with me?

So I guess I'm gonna start a two piece band with a guy I work with, and I've been saving some money. Figured that here would be a good place to post to get some answers. Soooo I want to buy my first real setup. I'm pretty sold on an American Standard Tele. I've played a friend's, and I'm very much in love. I'm confused on an amp though. I'm down to the Vox ac30, fender twin reverb 65, and a marshall jcm800 or 900. I'm pretty sure the jcm800 is out of my budget. I've been doing a lot of research and plan on going down to GC to try some out, but I just wanted to get some feedback. I just want to know what is gonna have the most options for my sound. I know this isn't a guitar forum or anything, but could I get any help? I want a tone similar to Pianos Become the Teeth, La Dispute, Touche Amore, Taking Back Sunday (Where You Want To Be). I like the rhythm tones there. And Manchester Orchestra, Nirvana - In Utero, and Brand New - Daisy, Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now. I like those lead tones. But I also want the clean tones that Pinback has. I'll be purchasing some pedals too but that will vary once I find my sound. (If it wasn't obvious, I'm very new to this. I've played my acoustic for 6 years, but I don't touch my crappy electric that I have now with the peavy combo amp I bought way back. I don't know much about electric equipment at all).

For the tone your describing, a JCM800 would be perfect. But I too, know the feels of that amp being out of budget. I think you could get an awesome tone out of a Vox AC30. To get that lead sound, you'll probably need a good boost/overdrive pedal. I've heard the Fulltone OCD compliments the AC30 very nicely. I use a maxon OD808 which is one of the cleanest overdrive pedals I've played with and I would highly recommend it. I don't know if your playing is going to be primarily softer or more of the louder now "distorted" guitar tone, but if your looking for the heavier side of things, you may want to look at a Telecaster with humbuckers. I'm not big on single coils for distortion stuff, they can be very noisy. I have the 72' Deluxe Telecaster and I love it, but it's made in Mexico rather then America. I don't know all the Fender Tele's that have humbuckers but just my two cents! Best of luck to you.

For the tone your describing, a JCM800 would be perfect. But I too, know the feels of that amp being out of budget. I think you could get an awesome tone out of a Vox AC30. To get that lead sound, you'll probably need a good boost/overdrive pedal. I've heard the Fulltone OCD compliments the AC30 very nicely. I use a maxon OD808 which is one of the cleanest overdrive pedals I've played with and I would highly recommend it. I don't know if your playing is going to be primarily softer or more of the louder now "distorted" guitar tone, but if your looking for the heavier side of things, you may want to look at a Telecaster with humbuckers. I'm not big on single coils for distortion stuff, they can be very noisy. I have the 72' Deluxe Telecaster and I love it, but it's made in Mexico rather then America. I don't know all the Fender Tele's that have humbuckers but just my two cents! Best of luck to you.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it!