Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuck, I want a new guitar so bad. Would you guys recommend spending the extra few hundred bucks to get the classic player jazzmaster over the modern player?

The only ones I see are the HH version of the MP.  While they look cool and all, they don't have the P-90s that a traditional Jazzmaster has.  They also seem to lack the lead circuit with separate volume and controls at the top of the guitar.  I decided that I wanted a Jazzmaster enough and bought a Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster for $300 and I love it.  It may not have the namesake, but it feels really nice and I love the sounds I can get from it.

Finally found a Marshall TV cab. I've wanted one for years but wasn't willing to pay the $700-$800 used price tag. Got one off a friend for $500, have to pick it up sometime this month still though (he lives about 4hrs north of me). 

Now I need to decide if I sell my 1979 Marshall 412 with the original version of what became the G12-65 Heritage speakers. They're branded Marshall on the actual speakers as they were special to that cab. People loved the sound and celestion made them full time. I now have the TV, the 1960, a custom made greenback 212 and a Traynor 212 with british V30s so it's getting excessive. 

Nothing new or anything, but a cool shot I got of my guitar after a gig last night. I have so many battle scars on the backside of this thing. I bang it up on stage pretty good, but it still sounds incredible.

e63JGhK.jpg

It was our drummers last show, so I pulled a Kurt Kobain and bashed into the drums. It was worth it.

NT77aHM.jpg

Fuck, I want a new guitar so bad. Would you guys recommend spending the extra few hundred bucks to get the classic player jazzmaster over the modern player?

Save up s littler more money and get a second hand fender japan one. It takes some doing, but the build quality of the japanese fender guitars is top notch. I use to have a Mustang and jaguar and nothing ever failed on those guitar other than the bridges, but that's a given with those guitars. That said, no matter what jazz master you choose to get, save some money for a Mastery Bridge. They're pricey, but they completely solve the problem that the original bridges have while making increasing running stability and all around buzziness. 

I figure this may be a good place to ask this. I'm considering picking up a guitar. I'll likely play a decent variety in learning to play, but I'm most excited about playing slow, doomy metal stuff. I'm just wondering what might be a good set up for a casual apartment hobbyist, or maybe a general idea for a budget.

I did look at the Bugera V22 which looked nice, but it's a tad pricier than I'd probably like. Don't really know where to start as far as guitars...

I would probably go with a modeling amp.  You won't get a straight tube amp to cover a wide range of sounds without spending a fortune on pedals.

I have a Vox VT40+ that I leave in the living room for casual strumming.  I only went with the Vox because I got it for cheap ($100).  Look into the Vox VT+ series, Fender Mustang (amp), Roland Cube.

A little help here guys.  I restrung my acoustic the other day, and now I'm getting the gnarliest fret buzz.  If I'm playing an Em chord even slightly aggressively, the low E string rattles like a mother fucker.  I've never had this problem before, and I've restrung it plenty of times. The guitar is a Taylor 314ce, and I'm using Elixir Light PB's.  I snapped the G string, then left it over night with 5 strings before restringing it, and that probably wasn't the greatest idea.  Could that have possibly fucked it up? 

Hey guys! I'm looking to get a nice EQ pedal for my live rig. Right now it's a Peavey 6505+ through a Mesa 4x12 cab. I have a few pedals (Maxon OD808, Boss DD-6, Boss RV-5, Boss NS-2) and am looking to shape my tone a bit. I love the 6505+ but I play more alternative rock now and it's just got some muddiness to it that i'd like to clean up while keeping a reasonable amount of gain. Anyone have any EQ pedals that they love? I would like one that can do somewhat drastic changes in tone rather then subtle. Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

My advice is dont buy an eq pedal unless its for a DI'd acoustic rig. Your electric's pickups and amp should all be enough to work with to get a solid clean tone. If not, that's where you upgrade first.

I get what your saying, but in this specific scenario it's not the pickups. I have Seymour Duncan JB's and they sound great on my buddies JCM800 and my recording rig. The 6505+ just has this grit to it, it's how the amp sounds. I'm just looking to get that grit out :P