Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

IMG_20161008_070906_zps3rx8nhmo.jpg

Just picked up a Mesa Single Recto and a Recto Cab with a Custom grill.....

IMG_20160923_114648_zpsw6qqdhav.jpg

Also had this beast repaired......Its my dads Mid 70s (i think a 74) Ibanez Les Paul. It had some big work.....

- Complete Refret

- Fret Board Reglued to the neck

- New Bridge and Tail

- Complete Re Wire - Re Pots

- New Input

- New Tuners

Cosmetically nothing has been fixed....its a player and not something id want to Restore....dad put the Wacky Racers sticker on it back in the day.....stoked to have it back to playing level

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@papermonsters that muska is rad.....i grabbed the red one.

Havnt posted in a while. Picked up 2 Caparisons last year.... JSM Dellinger and a FX-AM horus they are insanly well built. 

IURKV6F.jpg

ditched the orange cab....wasnt getting used and sticking with the Mesa Single Rec 

Caparison Horus FX-AM

Caparison JSM Dellinger 

1974 Ibanez Les Paul Gold Top 

ESP Eclipse CTM-1 FT SW

Mid 70s Takamine Acoustic

LTD Ec401vb Neck through

LTD Kh202

LTD ex50

• 1 year later...

@Sasan
Those Lava cables, they are the ones that are a pain in the ass to put together, right?  You've got to strip the cable, make sure the ends go into the shielding but not the wire, etc etc?

I just don't know who to use.  My board moves around a lot, and everybody seems to offer the same thing...  is there really one brand that's better than another?

11 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

@Sasan
Those Lava cables, they are the ones that are a pain in the ass to put together, right?  You've got to strip the cable, make sure the ends go into the shielding but not the wire, etc etc?

I just don't know who to use.  My board moves around a lot, and everybody seems to offer the same thing...  is there really one brand that's better than another?

Yeah, the Lava Mini ELC where a PITA imo. I mean for all cables, you’ll need to  strip the cable etc, but the lava ones are so unreliable. No matter how tight you fixed the „screw“, I always faced problems when I transported my board... the sound was gone and you had to check 40 patch cables for a loose connection...that sucked. 

it’s either soldered cables (which in my opinion is the most reliable way, but the plugs will never be as tiny as the solderless ones) or the 3Monkeys. They are small, easy to assemble and I haven’t  faced any problems, yet!

13 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Awesome, thanks for the tip!  I think i'm going to go with George L's because they're on Amazon and I have a gift card haha.  Seems like the same thing as 3Monkeys. 

Is this what you got though?
https://www.3monkeyssolderless.com/products/1-4-audio-pedalboard-kit

Yeah, those are the ones I’m talking about. Haven’t heard bad of the George L. ones, but never tried them. Only thing I can say is that they probably aren’t as small as the 3Monkeys. Never seen anything that small. And the cable is very thin and flexible on top...

1 hour ago, Sasan said:

Yeah, those are the ones I’m talking about. Haven’t heard bad of the George L. ones, but never tried them. Only thing I can say is that they probably aren’t as small as the 3Monkeys. Never seen anything that small. And the cable is very thin and flexible on top...

Yeah I might try the solo pack to see if I'm good enough at making them haha, I like that idea.  They give you a lot of cable too which is nice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Knocked off some white whale pieces recently so here's an update:

spacer.png

(Left to right)

Garnet Session Man w/ reverb and solo channel (they call this the Canadian Fender Twin. Great cleans, more grit if needed)

Gibson Marauder w/ Lollar humbucker

Traynor YBA-1 head

Marshall 412 w/ celestion black back speakers (best sounding cab I've ever played)

1977 Marshall JMP 100w lead

Marshall 810 guitar cab

Univox LP double cut w/ Pickup wizard P90

Vox AC30 limited edition w/alnico blue speakers

Custom made 212 cab w/ greenbacks 

Might sell the Garnet. I got it for so cheap because it was broken and made the easy fix. Little too clean for me, plus since getting the Marshall its been the tone I've been chasing for years. 

Got a question for you guys. Earlier in the year, my nephew was serving in the Air Force in England and came back to live with us for a little bit until his next gig started. He left behind a Marshall 15W combo amp because he didn't have room in his car (It's an MG15CFX).  It's in great shape, but it's got a UK plug and it's 230v. It's basically useless here unless I want to buy some kind of converter, but is there a market for these kinds amps in the States?

On 6/1/2020 at 3:30 PM, marc32137 said:

Got a question for you guys. Earlier in the year, my nephew was serving in the Air Force in England and came back to live with us for a little bit until his next gig started. He left behind a Marshall 15W combo amp because he didn't have room in his car (It's an MG15CFX).  It's in great shape, but it's got a UK plug and it's 230v. It's basically useless here unless I want to buy some kind of converter, but is there a market for these kinds amps in the States?

Well, it’s $159 new...would guess that used ones sell for around $100. Maybe another 1/3 off because of the plug...Don’t think you’ll get more than $70 for it