Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

a few more.  

Kurt Cobain model Fender Mustang.  Lake Placid Blue, vroom, vroom stripes.   Not a huge fan of "sig" guitars (like a Les Paul) but I have always wanted a Mustang and this thing was made in Japan, has an amazing neck, cool colors, and didn't cost a fortune.

And a few telecasters kicking around back there...

the one on the left is an 2006 MIM I picked up for cheap and put in some humbuckers and blacked out hardware.   I really just wanted a Telecaster Custom and did not want to pay through the nose to import one from Japan.  It sounds good but isn't much fun to play.

The thing on the right is somebody's Warmoth project.  They didn't really know what they were doing.  I mostly bought it for the 1 piece ash body.  Needs work.

1173722_10200511706701397_1234733959_n.j

and here's the Gibson Les Paul standard.  It's a player.

It was modified when I bought it with the adjustable tail piece, Bare Knuckle pickpups (Rebel Yell), locking tuners, and coil tapping pots.

Not sure that the big, ugly adjustable tailpiece is necessary but it does the job so I am leaving it on there for now.

The pickup covers are just gross.  I am not sure who would intentionally select burnt chrome pickup covers, but they sound amazing so I cannot bring myself to swap them out.

998965_10200512316676646_666432183_n.jpg

where are you snagging these lefty guitars from? Local shops? Online?

Mostly gambling on ebay.  Never really had an issue though, anything that I bought that had issues was cheap enough that I expected it to have issues.

It's tough to find a place that caters to lefty's at all.  Walk into most shops and if you're lucky, they have a MIM strat/tele.

When you do find a shop that specializes in lefties, it seems like they gouge you pretty hard for it (example Southpaw Guitars in TX).  

If you are looking for a solid dealer of left handed guitars, try http://davesguitar.com/  in La Crosse, WI.

They are one of the best guitar shops in the country and regularly stock left handed models you never see offered elsewhere.  Find what you want and call them up to make a deal.

Example:   

This beautiful Rickenbacker Maple Glow 330.

327713B-440x306.jpg

Awesome to see another lefty as well!

Also heres hoping to a real run of lefty 72' Telecaster Deluxe! 

Fender Japan makes pretty much the whole line and you can get it from a dealer there and ship to the US, but it's going to cost you.   I occasionally come across one that somebody has already done that and is selling, but they usually get snapped up.

tn72_lh_nat.jpg

I am thinking of just getting a USA neck someplace and then a Warmoth body and custom electronics.  3rd party necks seem to bug me due to finish issues, etc. but there's not much to a body other than getting the neck pocket right which Warmoth does well.

The whole Japan thing is totallly unfair.   Like..look at this Spiderman Mustang that they do.  It's not left handed...but it's fucking rad.

fender+jap+mustang+spiderman.jpg

Fender Japan makes pretty much the whole line and you can get it from a dealer there and ship to the US, but it's going to cost you.   I occasionally come across one that somebody has already done that and is selling, but they usually get snapped up.

tn72_lh_nat.jpg

I am thinking of just getting a USA neck someplace and then a Warmoth body and custom electronics.  3rd party necks seem to bug me due to finish issues, etc. but there's not much to a body other than getting the neck pocket right which Warmoth does well.

The whole Japan thing is totallly unfair.   Like..look at this Spiderman Mustang that they do.  It's not left handed...but it's fucking rad.

fender+jap+mustang+spiderman.jpg

That Spiderman Mustang is rad! I was actually talking about this bad boy though...

fencijtd72ri-lgf.jpg

I saw Fender Japan made the '72 Tele Deluxe but I heard it was a run of 10 or something in the past few years. I actually wish Squier would make a lefty version of it because it won't break the bank and I could make the modifcations I want. haha!

Yeah I have a Fender Japan 57 P-Bass with a Warmoth Pickguard (wanted black). Bought all the parts from a seller on ebay and put in some Duncan Quarter Pounders. Feels, sounds, and looks great. Fender Japan is awesome!

Would love a lefty jazzmaster, but all the Japan models I see are easily $2000.

Right. And at that point, you may as well just drop another 1k and call up the custom shop.

I need to find me somebody in the army or some shit stationed in Japan who can pick up used gear and ship it to me.

i'll bite. here's my electrics.

sorry for the shit picture, not much light in the room.

IMG_3681_zpsf198e17e.jpg

'82 les paul custom

'04 USA tele deluxe HH

'98 USA tele AV thinline ('69 reissue)

'99 MIM tele thinline ('72 reissue)

'98 USA strat

i'll post some basses or pedals sometime.

and if i get organized, some amps.

Does anyone here own/used a Peavey Xport interface or equivalent? 

What exactly do you mean by equivalent? I have spent time with multiple "low end" recording interfaces and software. I've never used the Peavey Xport but I have used Peavey ReValver. It's not the best but it's far from bad. Did not replicate the 6505+ very well.

What exactly do you mean by equivalent? I have spent time with multiple "low end" recording interfaces and software. I've never used the Peavey Xport but I have used Peavey ReValver. It's not the best but it's far from bad. Did not replicate the 6505+ very well.

I just meant other low end interfaces on offer such as a Behringer UCG102 etc. Just curious on experiences and if you would recommend any. 

Honestly I would recommend the Line 6 UX1/UX2. My UX1 lasted me two years until I upgraded and I still use it sometimes today. Pod Farm beats any other amp modeling software I have used (in that price range). It really depends exactly what you need to do. 

Thanks for the recommendation, I think it was the UX1 I was reading about some time ago. In all honesty, I'm just after something cheaper for me to dick around with Amplitube, hence why the Xport caught my interest since it is only $65.

lets see some pedals y'all!

I used to have a wah, but I sold it.

DSC_0179.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation, I think it was the UX1 I was reading about some time ago. In all honesty, I'm just after something cheaper for me to dick around with Amplitube, hence why the Xport caught my interest since it is only $65.

Yeah I think the UX1 kind of has trouble using third party software..but I don't know for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...