Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

Bringing this back.

I'm looking for a new pedal that would be fun to use and mess around with, open to pretty much anything. The style of music I play is like rock/alternative and I play a ton of leads. Got a maxon od808, boss RV-5, boss DD6, boss NS2, Boss tu15, and a ISP Decimator (which I'm currently trying to sell since I don't need it).

I play with a fair amount of gain. I've looked at the rainbow machine but I feel like i'd use it maybe once or twice in our set so I feel like it's kind of just a toy. I've thought about maybe a fuzz or something along those lines. Anyone have any cool pedals that are maybe underrated or just cool?

Bringing this back.

I'm looking for a new pedal that would be fun to use and mess around with, open to pretty much anything. The style of music I play is like rock/alternative and I play a ton of leads. Got a maxon od808, boss RV-5, boss DD6, boss NS2, Boss tu15, and a ISP Decimator (which I'm currently trying to sell since I don't need it).

I play with a fair amount of gain. I've looked at the rainbow machine but I feel like i'd use it maybe once or twice in our set so I feel like it's kind of just a toy. I've thought about maybe a fuzz or something along those lines. Anyone have any cool pedals that are maybe underrated or just cool?

The Great Destroyer by Dwarfcraft devices...do it.

whats your opinion on the sunshine reverb? 

If you want a truly terrifying(In a good way) reverb, then it's fucking great. It can be subtle, but that's only with it dimed in a little bit. I used it on some EP stuff I'll have coming out soon. Although, now that I have the Eventide space, I'm not really sure if I have a use for it. 

Got a few new things since the last time I posted in this thread. Picked up a used Ibanez RG2EX2 around last christmas and a friend gave me a Hohner acoustic and Epi SG Custom Prophecy that he wasn't using a couple months ago. I've posted my pedals in the effect pedal thread I made a while back but I recently put a board together for them with junk from Ikea's as is section so I figured I'd throw that up too.

FZtQJTF.jpg

Garbage phone pictures but you get the idea.

Anyone got some cool recording gear?

IMG_3439_zpsede973af.jpg

IMG_3440_zps6df6b5e7.jpg

IMG_3444_zpsb1919251.jpg

For anyone interested:

BBE Sonic Maximizer

SansAmp RBI

Pod HD Pro

--------------

MXL 910 (upgrade to Shure SM7B soon)

Homemade Microphone Diffuser 

--------------

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's

Mackie MR5's (upgrading soon)

Shure SRH440

As for software I use this program called Mixcraft 6 (looks/sounds lame but is actually pretty decent). Gonna get Pro Tools by the end of the year since my school has it for around $250 instead of $700

I listed a lot of this when I bought it in the recent purchases thread but hey, whatever.

L9RZRVi.jpg

Alesis Elevate 3 Monitors (looking to grab isolation pads soon)

Panasonic SA-AK58 (just for listening, games, etc, not producing)

MXL 990

Shure SM57 (looking to get an SM7B eventually as well)

Shure SRH440

Sennheiser HD 201S (not pictured and never use anymore)

Urbanears Plattan headphones (not pictured, rarely use)

Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer (rarely use anymore)

Line6 UX2 Interface (not the best, upgrading to a Focusrite 2i2 ASAP)

A lot of entry level stuff that's done okay for me so far but I'm definitely looking to get better when I have the disposable income for it.

If you want a truly terrifying(In a good way) reverb, then it's fucking great. It can be subtle, but that's only with it dimed in a little bit. I used it on some EP stuff I'll have coming out soon. Although, now that I have the Eventide space, I'm not really sure if I have a use for it. 

If you're ever looking to sell, PM me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know a good electronic drumset that's relatively cheap that will work well for recording it into superior drummer / steven slate drums? I borrowed my buddies yamaha kit and the kick puts in two hits everytime and when I hit the snare it will sometimes set of the cymbals.