Thrice Manchester Orchestra Split Question

Or they just took it down because they were getting emails as to why they couldn't order or something, and they got annoyed by it, and it'll be up tomorrow at 3 like they said.  These have been sitting around for years now, I can't imagine they're having an issue with Royalties now.

I don't know if the price is meant to be a flipper deterrent (more likely it's so they can make $12K in an afternoon for work they completed a long time ago) but all it will do is ensure that "true fans" will be more hesitant to pick up a 2-song release, whereas flippers who have seen the crazy prices Thrice and/or ManOrch vinyl has attained have no problem investing $30 now to make guaranteed $crilla later when those same "true fans" see the hole in their collections and their eyelids won't stop involuntarily twitching.

So yeah, I'm flipping this bitch. I hardly had to think about it. I love Manchester Orchestra, too, and I bet their song is great, but the easy money greatly outweighs the novelty of a No Doubt cover.

I don't know if the price is meant to be a flipper deterrent (more likely it's so they can make $12K in an afternoon for work they completed a long time ago) but all it will do is ensure that "true fans" will be more hesitant to pick up a 2-song release, whereas flippers who have seen the crazy prices Thrice and/or ManOrch vinyl has attained have no problem investing $30 now to make guaranteed $crilla later when those same "true fans" see the hole in their collections and their eyelids won't stop involuntarily twitching.

So yeah, I'm flipping this bitch. I hardly had to think about it. I love Manchester Orchestra, too, and I bet their song is great, but the easy money greatly outweighs the novelty of a No Doubt cover.

DICK!

i guess i'm just impressed that that guy admitted he'll flip it. takes shameless courage/stupidity to proclaim something like that in a thread like this one.

If you guys flipping stops anyone here from getting even just one copy for themselves, then fuck you too.

each flipped copy is one copy that could've been purchased by some here, so yeah. also, everyone who claims they'll buy multiple copies and sell them at cost here is playing fate with who gets one and who doesn't, which isn't much different to the people who get shorted.

I do want it. I'm buying one for myself. If, and I do mean if, I buy an extra, yes, I'm going to trade it. I could wait a year and sell it for $200. Someone said they'd offer TDAG, Ross said he'd offer a test of one of his releases. If I'm having to pay $40ppd for an extra, why would I trade it for a $20 record when people are offering up records I want willingly. It's not like I'm gonna try and trade it for Deja or In Keeping Secrets or something. I've helped out plenty of people on here and given plenty of people good deals. If you wanna claim I'm a flipper for trading for a popular/saught-after record, sorry, not sorry. Someone may have a record I want, but don't have the money to spend on this in hand, or won't be around. Calm down.

I do want it. I'm buying one for myself. If, and I do mean if, I buy an extra, yes, I'm going to trade it. I could wait a year and sell it for $200. Someone said they'd offer TDAG, Ross said he'd offer a test of one of his releases. If I'm having to pay $40ppd for an extra, why would I trade it for a $20 record when people are offering up records I want willingly. It's not like I'm gonna try and trade it for Deja or In Keeping Secrets or something. I've helped out plenty of people on here and given plenty of people good deals. If you wanna claim I'm a flipper for trading for a popular/saught-after record, sorry, not sorry. Someone may have a record I want, but don't have the money to spend on this in hand, or won't be around. Calm down.

I hope you didn't think my comment was directed at you man.  I was talking about the people who are going to sell them for a way higher markup.

I hope you didn't think my comment was directed at you man. I was talking about the people who are going to sell them for a way higher markup.

No, no, that wasn't directed at you, my friend. It wasn't pointed at any one specific person, per se (although a little), more of a general rant and such.

I want Deja to pressed for so many reasons. Obviously I want to own a copy. But in a more socially efficient sense, I want it to be something more than a a status symbol and a moneymaker. It is slowly becoming less of a legendary album (which it is and should be) because of the rarity of it.

Edit: I realize this is off topic, but I'm drunk.