Acceptance - Phantoms

atticus

Remember when this band kicked out their drummer because he came out of the closet and they were worried it would ruin their major-label record deal?

Yeah, no thanks.

I never got into this band and if what you said was true (not saying its not true) then thats pretty fucking weak.

This will never get pressed unless someone tries to license it out from the label.

I remember that this album was one instance where a leak serverly hurt sales. I remember this thing leaking months before retail, and there being like 4 difference masters of it too. It was catchy, but nothing I'd listen to now.

Remember when this band kicked out their drummer because he came out of the closet and they were worried it would ruin their major-label record deal?

Yeah, no thanks.

As any good christian would! Acceptance. Yeah. Such an awful band on so many levels. This album, and band for that matter, is complete shit.

I remember this was one of the CDs infected with the Sony/BMG rootkit. Score one for records.

yea i was interning at sony at the time actually and remember the day that happened(midtown was one of those cd's also) I would love to press this record but dont think theres a demand for 1000 to 1500 which is the minimum sony allow. As much as i love this band and album, i cant take such a big risk but If someone can get a petition together and signed by 500 or so people i would consider it. I also messaged the band about this before and go no response and without their full support to promote this then it would also be a huge risk. If the stars align though then i would totally love to do this and already have a relationship with sony so getting licensing probably wouldn't be a huge issue.

I remember this was one of the CDs infected with the Sony/BMG rootkit. Score one for records.

yea i was interning at sony at the time actually and remember the day that happened(midtown was one of those cd's also) I would love to press this record but dont think theres a demand for 1000 to 1500 which is the minimum sony allow. As much as i love this band and album, i cant take such a big risk but If someone can get a petition together and signed by 500 or so people i would consider it. I also messaged the band about this before and go no response and without their full support to promote this then it would also be a huge risk. If the stars align though then i would totally love to do this and already have a relationship with sony so getting licensing probably wouldn't be a huge issue.

I would be more interested in that midtown album but i would probably buy acceptance

I would be more interested in that midtown album but i would probably buy acceptance

me too and dont worry, been working on those for a long time. Rob seems to finally be giving in and realizing a reunion doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon. He told me to email him again in january to start working up a plan to re-issue these. Hope he doesn't change his mind but hes been really nice and actually flattered ive been so pro active in pressing these so hopefully 2012 we will finally have some midtown lp's on vinyl!

me too and dont worry, been working on those for a long time. Rob seems to finally be giving in and realizing a reunion doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon. He told me to email him again in january to start working up a plan to re-issue these. Hope he doesn't change his mind but hes been really nice and actually flattered ive been so pro active in pressing these so hopefully 2012 we will finally have some midtown lp's on vinyl!

Yeah i had a feeling that if anyone could do it it would be you. Seems you and i liked the same music back in the day. Keep it coming.

Might as well start taking pre-orders if you are this far along.

Clearly you didnt read the response or If thats a shot at me for taking pre orders early then your calling out the wrong label. We dont take pre orders until the records are in hand and ready to ship within a week or two.

Clearly you didnt read the response or If thats a shot at me for taking pre orders early then your calling out the wrong label. We dont take pre orders until the records are in hand and ready to ship within a week or two.

Bro you know what I mean.

Yeah, no thanks.

WOW.

this band added my email to their mailing list without ever contacting me...weren't they like a nu-metal emo hardcore kinda thing...kinda like Glassjaw?

Yeah, no thanks.

WOW.

this band added my email to their mailing list without ever contacting me...weren't they like a nu-metal emo hardcore kinda thing...kinda like Glassjaw?

uh no