Acceptance - Phantoms

atticus

Is the dude at that overdue collections label on these boards? He's working with Gatsbys American Dream getting their back catalog pressed and I know GAD was tight with Acceptance back in the day.. Wonder if they could be contacted through Nic?

I'd forgotten all about that jokester. He's probably living under a bridge in a shack made from jackets of all the unsold Gatsby's vinyl he's sitting on.

I'd forgotten all about that jokester. He's probably living under a bridge in a shack made from jackets of all the unsold Gatsby's vinyl he's sitting on.

haha.. i feel for the guy having not sold as many as he thought he could.. glad he did it though as I spin both of them regularly.. wish he could do the rest

I, too, love this record, but I also agree that there isn't an interest of 1000-1500 on this record. Sure, it holds nostalgia for some people, but I think it's the 'yeah, I'll play this on a Saturday in my car' kind of nostalgia, not the 'I wanna spin this' kind of nostalgia. Even if Hot Topic backed it, I can foresee it hitting the clearance rack. Because they only put out one full length before calling it a day, unlike bands like New Found Glory or Starting Line, they werent able to build a continuing fan base off of new material, it was easier for people to just get over it and move on. Not being negative, again, I loved this record, just looking at it from a financial perspective.

I just emailed him again for the 4th time for the hell of it and email got bounced back immediately so it appears his email address is no longer active so unless anyone else has any leads on that guy then this doesnt look like its gonna happen (his name is darick). I spoke to marshall from overdue collection about it years ago

Edit: I found him on facebook and sent him a message so keep your fingers crossed

Whoo! Fingers crossed.

Phantoms is one of my wife's favorite albums! I hope this gets pressed

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...