Acceptance - Phantoms

atticus

$5.50  for shipping? what is this, Subpop?

seriously tho,

no actually, back to my first sentence.

its more or less...where does it end? an extra $1.50 here or extra $??? here; adds up.

and you might say "just pay the extra and stfu"

well, when im buying 3-4 records at a time...that extra piddly amount adds up and screws me out something else i could have bought.

i hope this doesnt become a standard with places that press albums the public has been demanding and wanting.

nm. im just grumpy today.

If I need to skip a meal at Taco Bell in order to pay for the egregious shipping charges, so be it. I don't mind the pricing and I absolutely love this album so I'm down to pay $24.50. After all the licensing fees, production fees, shipping fees, material costs, and all that jazz, I don't have a problem with these dudes wanting to make a little bit of money in order to put towards the next album they do. After all, they did put time and effort into making this work. 

If this was some label-less band and licensing wasn't an option, I'd be a little more skeptical. As it is, I don't see the issue. However, everyone is different and I can appreciate that. Either way, I'm just stoked to finally be able to have this! 

Also, I like having different variants. Nothing against doing an all black pressing, I just love having options, especially if I think it fits well with the artwork. 

Nostalgia will pay for this release. 

Bad Timing Records is the label that was able to appeal to get licensing. I'm sure this was a crown jewel for those seeking to press this. 

From the pictures that we have all seen it is in there hands and ready to ship. 

The shipping is a little steep as Thomas Nassif would agree with on a single LP. 

I just don't understand the center label designs on the record itself. I also want to know the meaning behind the x-wing looking logo thing. 

Regardless, nostalgia will pay for this release. I will be happy to pay for it!

I'll try and grab a copy of this. I was reading through the comments wild people have such a problem with the flat rate shipping the label is charging it's like .50 more than Hot Topic and SRC (although SRC has great pre-order shipping rates).

I guess you have to think about it in terms of the future. Once this label has a few releases they'll have a flat rate for all purchases. The only problem I would have is if they charged the flat rate they put in place for this release, but later down the road when they have people purchasing more products at one time they changed it to a different system.

Nostalgia will pay for this release. 

Bad Timing Records is the label that was able to appeal to get licensing. I'm sure this was a crown jewel for those seeking to press this. 

From the pictures that we have all seen it is in there hands and ready to ship. 

The shipping is a little steep as Thomas Nassif would agree with on a single LP. 

I just don't understand the center label designs on the record itself. I also want to know the meaning behind the x-wing looking logo thing. 

Regardless, nostalgia will pay for this release. I will be happy to pay for it!

What don't you understand about the center label designs? The A-side says Acceptance - Phantoms and the B-side says the label. I feel as though that's a pretty normal thing. 

I'll try and grab a copy of this. I was reading through the comments wild people have such a problem with the flat rate shipping the label is charging it's like .50 more than Hot Topic and SRC (although SRC has great pre-order shipping rates).

I guess you have to think about it in terms of the future. Once this label has a few releases they'll have a flat rate for all purchases. The only problem I would have is if they charged the flat rate they put in place for this release, but later down the road when they have people purchasing more products at one time they changed it to a different system.

I think flat-rate shipping is actually pretty fair given the webstore we use. LimitedRun has fairly limited shipping options (I kind of wish that for the future, I could set the LP shipping price at like $4 or $4.50, then have it increase 50 cents with additional records, but never go over $5 or $5.50) but we'll do the best we can. If we don't have $5 flat-rate shipping, then you start getting charged $6 if you wanna buy four LPs. That's not really too cool in my opinion. Maybe I concentrate too much on multiple-LP orders and not single-LP ones haha.

Yeah, it was pretty good timing for his return.

:puts on sunglasses:

I'm not crazy about the center labels...Usually they resemble the album artwork/design/font but these are a little bland and boring. Whatever though, at least this is being released...that's all I really care about. Thanks guys. 

we went for a relatively plain and minimalist look. good to hear criticism on them though because it'll help us for next time. 

we went for a relatively plain and minimalist look. good to hear criticism on them though because it'll help us for next time. 

Minimalist is good but I just feel that something more like the CD label (also minimalist) might have looked better. It's just some constructive criticism though. I really appreciate what you guys are doing.

phantoms-4f04e63b08e3c.png