Story of the year - page avenue?

On 10/16/2017 at 3:01 PM, pizza face said:

Just got this today. It's kinda quiet on the volume side then again my pre amp is pretty basic with no equalization. Had it on max volume and wanted to turn it up more 

Received my copy today as well and am having the same issue.  I wonder if all the color variations have the same problem??  I would assume so if they used the same plates for pressing. Also, the center hole on mine is rather small. It's goes on very tight around the spindle. Other than that its not bad.

Edited by ajborneman

Yeah finally listened to this one and gotta say it may be one of my least favorite records. It's not crackly or anything, just MEH. It sounds like a CD rip and I laughed because they didn't even keep that stupid outro where they talk in really high voices at the studio, probably just because it would give it away as a CD rip.

3 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah finally listened to this one and gotta say it may be one of my least favorite records. It's not crackly or anything, just MEH.

After a few listens, I agree. It sounds flat, and the volume issue drives me nuts.   Is the sound like this for all the pressings??  Didn't see everyone mentioning which color they received, just wanna verify.

16 hours ago, tokimedo said:

$RC strikes again 

It's funny to me how terrible they are and how much crap is said about them on the boards, yet they own this website... :lol:

50 minutes ago, ajborneman said:

After a few listens, I agree. It sounds flat, and the volume issue drives me nuts.   Is the sound like this for all the pressings??  Didn't see everyone mentioning which color they received, just wanna verify.

It's funny to me how terrible they are and how much crap is said about them on the boards, yet they own this website... :lol:

trust me, it wasnt anything anyone agreed with. it was a shitty situation and they took advantage of it. 

I finally gave this a spin. I'm going to have the unpopular opinion, but I think it sounds pretty good. Yes, like others have said, it is quiet... so turn it up. I did an A/B comparison against the 320kbps mp3 off my ipod, and this doesn't sound as compressed. Doesn't sound flat in my opinion either. Should this sound better than an mp3? Of course. However, I ran the same test with Brand New's Science Fiction, and I can't say the same. I'd say the mp3 sounded better, if only by the slightest of margins. So take this information as you will.

18 hours ago, DarrenMcCall said:

I heard back from SRC today and you have to pay to ship it back, but they will issue a refund or store credit. You will be out the money it cost to get it shipped to you and the cost of shipping it back. Stinks, but I’m still planning on sending it back. I’ve learned my lesson with SRC. I’ll definitely think twice before ordering something from them next time. 

I'll probably put it up on ebay for like $36 shipped if that's the case. Doesn't even look like anyone is buying it from there though. I definitely don't want it. Sucks because I was really anticipating this release for a while. Boycott src releases. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to also hop on here & say that my red pressing sounds like crap.  Rather than "mastered for vinyl", it sounds like they just pressed the unmastered stereo bounce.  The volume is super low, there are virtually no low mids and the snare is WAY louder than everything else.  I'll hold onto mine just because there isn't a better pressing that exists but I'm definitely going to let SRC know that they fucked this up.  Pretty annoyed.

• 2 months later...