Newbie Help - Which is better for 7"?

Which would be better for storing my ever-growing 7" collection?

[image]

or

[image]

The first is sturdier, but doesn't fit that damned Smashing Pumpkins box. Also, it doesn't have as much room for more records.

The second definitely has more space...but it's a shoe box. (Side note: I don't even own a pair of Nike shoes. I just found the box in my house.)

Theno most space-efficient way to stack ALL records, not just 7" is to lay them on top of each other. Your LP's will only take up 12" of space, and if you have decent sized ceilings (7 - 9 feet), you can fit a ton of records before you need to upgrade to a new space on the floor.

No, that's the most efficient way to warp your discs and get on Hoarders.

The most space-efficient way to stack ALL records, not just 7" is to lay them on top of each other. Your LP's will only take up 12" of space, and if you have decent sized ceilings (7 - 9 feet), you can fit a ton of records before you need to upgrade to a new space on the floor.

I assume you stack alphabetically. Do "A"s go at the top or the bottom?

In terms of 7" storage i use this (only in black)

[image]

K-mart has them in 3 colors

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=united+plastics+mini+crate

The most space-efficient way to stack ALL records, not just 7" is to lay them on top of each other. Your LP's will only take up 12" of space, and if you have decent sized ceilings (7 - 9 feet), you can fit a ton of records before you need to upgrade to a new space on the floor.

I see what you did there....

Did not know about these. Took a five minute walk to Walgreens and bought myself a pair, and they are indeed awesome. Thanks!

[image]

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=united+plastics+mini+crate

i second this, but i have that teargarden box too, and it won't fit in these.

I assume you stack alphabetically. Do "A"s go at the top or the bottom?

No, I stack by spine color, from dark to light.

[image]

I use these in black as well. The Office Max by my apartment always have them on clearance for around $1.50.