PO: Menzingers - On The Impossible Past (2/21)

sh0ez

This album reminds me of The 59 Sound by Gaslight....which is a very good thing

Anyone else see this?

I can understand the relation.

Oh and the tape is actually the acoustic demos. Most of the songs have different verses/melodies.

EDIT: Looked at the original pre order page and they actually do say that it is demos but they only have 7 tracks listed not 8.

ok, who wants to buy a saggy boob shirt? (L)

anyone rip that tape yet?

looks like someone was rusty w/ the cassette label layout...it's upside down...hah

Yeah the upside down thing threw me off, especially since I'm a bit OCD with my record shelf. I'd rip the tape if I knew how.

Mine came in today, but I got to the post office a minute too late to pick it up. Will have to wait until the morning.

I'm on new music overload. I haven't been able to make any sense or conclusions from these five or so albums that came out in the last week. Then again, I haven't been able to listen to any of these on my turntable yet, only digitally, and at work, so my undivided attention hasn't been there. But now comes the weekend. . .

Mine came in today, but I got to the post office a minute too late to pick it up. Will have to wait until the morning.

I'm on new music overload. I haven't been able to make any sense or conclusions from these five or so albums that came out in the last week. Then again, I haven't been able to listen to any of these on my turntable yet, only digitally, and at work, so my undivided attention hasn't been there. But now comes the weekend. . .

Welcome to adulthood. Here are your complimentary old-people cookies.

[image]

[image]

Dude, those things are good!...... oh fuck.

[image]

Ha! I've had a crash course in the last seven years. I'm only 29, but I feel like I'm around 60. I live in North Carolina, a thousand miles away from any family or close friends, my wife the same deal, and we've got two boys that keep us going from 4:30 in the morning until around 11. I work about 60 hours a week in construction, so my back/hands/head hurt at the end of every day.

I feel like my dad did fifteen years ago, sitting down at night and wanting to watch the nightly news, and just be left alone. I do feel old. and I would love those cookies. I really fucking would.

What's funny is when something is out of stock, you can click that notify link and it sends an email. Well, I hit it when this originally went "OOP" and said, hey, if you find an extra, hook it up" and dude emails me back and says it's all sold out and they wont have anymore. Now they list some, no notification, etc. I got one though!

EDIT: Looked at the original pre order page and they actually do say that it is demos but they only have 7 tracks listed not 8.

They listed all 8, their numbering just didn't catch Good Things

Good Things

1. Burn

2. Ava

3. Sun Hotel #2

4. Sculptors and Vandals

5. Casey

6. I Can’t Seem To Tell

7. Freedom Bridge