PO: Menzingers - On The Impossible Past (2/21)

sh0ez

@boudreau117, did you rip it yourself or is it out in the wild now? if you did it, what did you use to rip it? just curious...

i have an original inPort USB deal (not the later Deluxe or Pro one)...turned out pretty good...i haven't bothered ripping vinyl or anything else in quite a while, but stuff i've done w/ that has turned out pretty good...captured with Audacity at highest sampling rate, saved as a .WAV then cut up with Adobe Soundbooth CS4 and saved out individual tracks as 320kps MP3s...

a really long time ago, i used to have to do it with an RCA cable into the headphone jack of a laptop, but that only gets one channel to a lower end sound card, so that worked, but wasn't as good...

I've said it before. . .this month has been amazing. I honestly didn't think this album could top 'Chamberlain Waits', but it seems to have surpassed it lickity split. The Sidekicks album is still making me want to listen to it over and over, because I find something great with each turn, and the new Heartless Bastards lp has more of a slower paced blues feel than their other albums, but again, I'm loving it more with each listen.