fucked again by pay pal.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you send it USPS?

I've had quite a few packages from the US just sit for 2 weeks at the airport and then arrive in mangled condition. Most recently were books and documents with water damage. Sent international express, took 2 weeks. Before that was a record that arrived in the shape of a bowl.

Almost all of my US orders are slightly damaged.

i made it a rule to stop shipping records internationally a long time ago to avoid this very scenario. just not worth it.

^ this is how i am.

recently though, a Canadian tried to buy from me on Discogs - and we came to an agreement that if they paid thru paypal as a gift, and assumed the risk, then I sold them the records.

That worked out fine.

After a couple similar experiences, I've stopped shipping overseas entirely. It's just not worth the headache. It sucks because on the rare occation that I do eBay something, an overseas bidder inevitably wins despite my communicating to them that I will not ship overseas, and I have to re-list an item once or twice before actually selling it. To me, it's worth taking a little less money or jumping through a couple more hoops to avoid getting ripped off on overseas shipping.

I have had the opposite experience of most in this thread. I have shipped numerous time overseas, never a single issue. Always ship first class and pack it like a tank and keep customs forms and receipts. Guess I've gotten lucky.

I'm with you. I've done a lot of international shipping and never had any problems.

I recently started requiring express mail w/ tracking for any international orders over $40. If they want to pay $35 shipping, be my guest!

It costs me about $35 shipping on $40 worth of records anyway. So if it's express with tracking for the same price I'd be all over that!

If it weren't for people shipping me records I'd have very few. I've never had any real problems, and haven't ever had any problems ordering from people rather than labels. And even then, it's only a been that my order got lost in their system when a popular preorder was announced.

No big deal, the problem here is the people. They're dicks. Sell your records to me :)

After a couple similar experiences, I've stopped shipping overseas entirely. It's just not worth the headache. It sucks because on the rare occation that I do eBay something, an overseas bidder inevitably wins despite my communicating to them that I will not ship overseas, and I have to re-list an item once or twice before actually selling it. To me, it's worth taking a little less money or jumping through a couple more hoops to avoid getting ripped off on overseas shipping.

There are ways to block international bidders from bidding on your items and you can set up additional restrictions to try and keep out deadbeat bidders.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeB....sPag eName=STRK:ME:LNLK&FClassic=true

Under the buyer requirements I have the following checked off:

Block buyers who:

Don't have a PayPal account

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)

Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to

Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)

Are currently winning or have bought 3 of my items in the last 10 days and have a feedback score of 3 or lower

Some deadbeats still slip through from time to time but generally they are just not paying, so any issue I have with them stops right there.

International shipping shouldn't be that difficult if you "pack it like a tank" and make sure as best you can that the buyer is reputable. The Euro is still stronger than the dollar so you could be shutting out higher-paying bidders by refusing to sell to them.

International sales are fine, just be educated and prepared. The VAST majority of all my purchases and sales are international.

Have a clearly defined and communicated return policy. Keep/scan all receipts regarding shipping, take photos of the item packed and unpacked before you shipped (and ideally, even a picture with the shipping label on it). When shipping a more valuable item I REQUIRE that the buyer purchase shipping with tracking/insurance at a minimum.

If you come to the table of a dispute overprepared you will rarely loose.