Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American 3LP @SRC

Wholesale price on the last pressing was $29, and that was through Dischord so they took a small piece as well.

It's entirely possible that Universal is selling these to SRC at retail cost (which was $45), which would explain the $15 markup.

Is it possible that the price of these has been unfairly valued from the point of wholesale? I guess what I'm asking is what do you think the actual manufacturing price is of these before the wholesale markup. For clarification, that's where i'm guessing 200% profit on these, from manufacturing cost, not wholesale cost. I understand there are many costs that go into producing records, but is the price being driven up on these on the label's part due to the speculation of demand for this record?

It's not like these are 200g or DMM'ed...

its funny to me that most people will usually say "omg not paying ebay prices" for an og press yet most blindly shelled out roughly the same amount for the lp plus 2lps worth of non-essential material (that nobody seems to care about anyway). Unless you're into all that extra junk - the release should be seen as nothing more than a cash grab. They just can't get way with selling the single lp for that amount (but I'm sure if they could, they would). Nevermind the fact that the piebald 3xlp released the same day was 25 bucks and consisted of all actual album material.

its funny to me that most people will usually say "omg not paying ebay prices" for an og press yet most blindly shelled out roughly the same amount for the lp plus 2lps worth of non-essential material (that nobody seems to care about anyway). Unless you're into all that extra junk - the release should be seen as nothing more than a cash grab. They just can't get way with selling the single lp for that amount (but I'm sure if they could, they would). Nevermind the fact that the piebald 3xlp released the same day was 25 bucks and consisted of all actual album material.

like it or not, that piebald 3xlp was one of the best prices i've seen in a long time. totally worth it.

like it or not, that piebald 3xlp was one of the best prices i've seen in a long time. totally worth it.

This. Everything about the release was done right.

This is what the gold actually is supposed to look like:

[image]

Also I understand the price seems very high but this was licensed by Org via Universal. From experience the cost to license per LP is pretty pricey period. However I still think having it under $20 per LP is quite fair since each LP is full of tracks.

• 2 weeks later...