PO: Fun. Some Nights New LP (2/14/12)

• 1 month later...

the single is the best song on the album, by far. its all downhill after that. why are they auto-tuning or throwing weird effects over nate's voice? dude can sing. im not even sure you could call this a "rock" record. it just sounds like they let way too many outside influences alter their sound into something very unenjoyable to my ears. ill stick to my assertion that this record will be a big hit playing in forever 21 or some other female clothing store at the mall though.

I'm a big fan of the record. It's a bold, brash, and absurd pop record that the mainstream needs. The vocoder effects don't bother me because Nate is using it as a tool rather than a crutch. I can understand why people don't like it (probably because of T-Pain exhaustion and the confusion between vocoder and autotune effects). Anyways, that's just my two cents, I'm only here for the negative karma.

I streamed this in my car while I was driving around today, and I actually think I like it quite a bit. There's more "meh" songs than Aim and Ignite had, but overall I enjoy it. We Are Young, Carry On, and It Gets Better really stuck out to me, and I don't really remember the rest.

Definitely not rock, I agree with whoever said there's an absurd amount of outside influences, but I like that. I might order this record.

I'm a big fan of the record. It's a bold, brash, and absurd pop record that the mainstream needs. The vocoder effects don't bother me because Nate is using it as a tool rather than a crutch. I can understand why people don't like it (probably because of T-Pain exhaustion and the confusion between vocoder and autotune effects). Anyways, that's just my two cents, I'm only here for the negative karma.

I agree. Listened on my way to work today and really enjoyed it.

• 8 years later...

Almost a 9 year bump... but a repress of Some Nights is FINALLY happening!

Fueled By Ramen is repressing 12 albums (one per month and all will be on silver vinyl) for their 25th anniversary in 2021. Some Nights is set to be released February 26, 2021. You can preorder all 12 albums now as a bundle or you can wait for them to go on sale individually. 

Not much has been said as far as if its exclusive to the FBR store or not... but you can check out the link to preorder the bundle and see a few other FBR albums that are being repressed.

LINK

EDIT: I am now seeing I may have bumped the wrong thread... it was the first I saw after digging for a while and the link posted above to the supposed correct thread is dead... but I like this thread because so many people on here thought this album was trash lol 

Edited by nardes