What's up Receiving End Of Sirens...

Just had a friend randomly IM me this thread on absolute punk.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2577662

Out of nowhere after inactivity the band has posted a few of those pseudo inspirational tumblr pictures on their facebook and twitter. I know it's nothing substantial but unless someone hacked their accounts I don't see why they'd suddenly randomly post anything unless they might have something in the works.

If this is the case I'm going to lose my shit. TREOS was such a phenomenal band and I always thought it was a shame they only got two albums out. Considering ATDI and Refused, I've got my fingers crossed these guys are to follow suit. Color me stoked, hell, I'd be happy if they were just getting together to finally release that Sounds Of Sleep EP that never happened although I'll certainly hope for more if this actually leads to anything.

I never gave them a ton of listens, but I always wanted to like that one album they had, but it just didn't click. All the songs were too unnecessarily long and dragged on. It was a nice album, and everything was tied together well, it was just a grueling marathon of an album and I always got bored.

I never gave them a ton of listens, but I always wanted to like that one album they had, but it just didn't click. All the songs were too unnecessarily long and dragged on. It was a nice album, and everything was tied together well, it was just a grueling marathon of an album and I always got bored.

This. All of this.

This. All of this.

Oh I love TREOS.

I agree with Matt and Scott that the songs can be drawn-out, but I loved the story-telling. Very witty lyrics involved, and such a fucking great sound behind them. Yeah, BHAS was better than Mi Fa Mi, however there's an appreciation I have for that record because, to me, it is such a genuine album.

Also if Casey won't be there, then I'll be disapfuckingdamnpointed

I actually liked Mi Fa Mi more (if you couldn't tell by my avatar the past however long I've had it), their songs definitely can get a bit long but I dunno. The whole concept of Mi Fa Mi really gets me. Long songs or not they had a really unique sound and goddamn the lyrics and musicianship ruled. I dunno what'll be going on with Casey since he's busy with The Dear Hunter. Brendan and Alex's vocals were still great though, I'd give them a chance even if Casey didn't come back.

They just posted a picture this morning that says "If it's meant to happen, it's going to happen". If all the crap they're posting doesn't mean anything they're absolute pros at trolling their fans.

I feel completely opposite towards this. I can't listen to BTHATS without listening to it in its entirety. Its like my favorite album of all time.

Live they're even better. I drove all the way to worcester MA from long island, just to see them live.

I dunno man. It's from Jeff of Bomb the Music Industry!, but in one of his song explanations ("Syke! Life is Awesome" I think) he says:

"I had at least a dozen A B A' B B' C A structure patterns written down for it, always wanting to do more but being painfully well aware that if a song is longer than four minutes it better HAVE to be longer than four minutes. "

I really feel that's true. Songs should be as short as possible. That doesn't mean cram out 1000 25 second songs, but when every song is 4 or 5 minutes, it better be necessary, and I just don't feel like TREOS songs needed to be. They repeat a lot and have parts drag out more than they should.

I did really like the first 3 minutes of most of the songs, though. Just... wrap it up!

Most of the stuff on BTHATS dragged on more unnecessarily to me than the stuff in Mi Fa Mi (Other than Planning A Prison Break and This Armistice), by then I think they were beginning to lock in on what they wanted to do with sound design and ambiance. I'll listen to them a lot just to chill out. I've come to really appreciate the atmospheric stuff they pull off and I think it's done tastefully.