Albums that should be pressed.. but never will be

daegor

Half Hearted Hero - Home. They never got the master for that one, I know chap said he would press it in a second if he ever got them.

Also, if you happen to have The Broadways - Broken Van on LP, you can thank me for that. I convinced Mike Park to press it.

thank you.

I think I'm kind of responsible for the Restless Broadways hoodie.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt anyone's heard it, but...

Material Issue - Freak City Soundtrack

I would totally buy this. I could maybe see it happening through Ryko some day.

My contribution is Unida - The Great Divide. Lost in the shuffle when American Recordings got sold and the new owners tried to make the band pay for the masters. There was talk of the band re-recording the whole thing but that was years ago now. I don't think it will ever get a wide release, let alone a vinyl release. Maybe a bootleg vinyl release. There were some CDs sold only at shows though.

Butch Walker - Letters

Butch Walker - Left of Self Centered

Much agreement, also need Marvelous 3 on vinyl, sigh. He should have kept his masters at ft knox.

I would love to have Virgos Merlot signs of a vacant soul. Not sure if this would ever be a possibility. Tried to do some digging, all I could find is that Hesla doesn't seem to care about it anymore and one of the guitarist has died. Couldn't find much on the state of the music rights and such.

[image]

Because there are no masters for the tracks.

But I'd still buy it even if the songs were sourced from 128kps. Didn't stop me from buying Deathconsciousness.

Would have to included Supertalk on a second disc, though. Otherwise no buy.

Deathconsciousness was made from mp3s or what?

[image]

Because there are no masters for the tracks.

But I'd still buy it even if the songs were sourced from 128kps. Didn't stop me from buying Deathconsciousness.

Would have to included Supertalk on a second disc, though. Otherwise no buy.

Deathconsciousness was made from mp3s or what?

Yeah. They backed up everything unmastered at 128kps mp3s (or around there), then a few weeks later their computer crashed so they just put out the backups as they were.

• 2 years later...

Chum - Dead to the World. This is a record I've loved for almost 20 years. Apparently the rights are locked up with Century Media, the band is defunct except for a reunion show every 5 years and there is no way it will ever see a vinyl release.

If you're into melodic sludge, stoner metal from the late 90s, check it out.