picking up women

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever you do, i repeat, whatever you do: do not try to change yourself and pretend to be what you think any girl wants.

if she says her favorite band is creed and she can't get enough of scott stapp, don't agree with her just so she will like you more. if she says she's straight edge, don't pretend you don't drink and get high all the time if you actually do. unless you just want to get laid and never see her again.

online dating actually makes things a little easier, especially if you don't like going out. set your standards high and don't settle, though. people on dating sites used to get really angry with me because there were several things i would list that i absolutely cannot tolerate in guys: 1. if you don't agree with gay marriage 2. if you're hardline conservative 3. if you're really, really christian/talk about jesus a lot 4. smoking/drinking a lot

i used to get the 'but you don't even know me, bitch. we could be AWESOME together!' yeah, but no. if you're any of the things mentioned above, it would never work out with us. ever. i'm way too opinionated. so more or less, what austin said at the end of that long paragraph.

oh, and if you do the online dating thing, when you send a lady a message, make sure you read her whole profile and comment on one of her favorite bands, or some other common interest. not just a 'hey ur cute, luv ur profile pic!'.

I can agree with these suggestions and i'd like to think i've made progress on a variety of declining things in life that's prohibited me from moving on. I suppose i'm just unsatisfied that i'm not approaching it fast enough. I'm glad i'm not the only one opinionated on certain characteristics of people like you said drug use,religion babbling,ect.

it's just reassuring to see my personal thoughts are reflective of other people out there. makes me feel a tad more level headed and confident.

"Treat 'em like dirt, they still to you like mud" ...it's fucking lame, but the idea is true. If you give a girl everything you have to offer, then she'll be uninterested because you aren't throwing her curveballs. I fucking HATE how everything has to be a goddamn game, and nothing can just easily work out. My lady friends will say "it's all about the chase". Well, most of them will have a relationship lasting a year, have a terrible break up, then find some other dude and follow their same routine.

From dating a goddess for almost 3 years, I know how to treat a girl well. I didn't know how to treat myself well though, and that's how things ended. I had to finally be selfish. I broke up with her because she became too goddamn insane and I was dooooone with walking on eggshells and mentally beating up myself to make her feel better. This break up was two years ago, and now she's married with a hott dude who owns a house n shit (via parents). Good for them. Wasn't time for me.

All of my confidence goes toward my personality. I also have really defined legs for some genetic reason, but besides that I know I can mentally speak to a girl and have fun with it. That's the key: just fucking TALK and have fun with the conversation -- do not ATTEMPT to 'get' the girl already. If you act like you're just friends, then she'll feel most comfortable with you. A few weeks might go by down the road and you're in the friends zone, but she's there. Now, who knows if that girl is still the girl you were first taken back by -- if she is, then stop hanging out with her. That'll make her pull toward you -- the curveball has been thrown. You'll find out if she really likes you or she likes having the attention and doesn't really appreciate it.

I kinda tried that out. It worked, but then I fucked up and pushed too hard to date when, even though she liked me a lot, she just wasn't ready to date (this was relatively recent). Ah well.

I'll just settle for a hood rat.

"Treat 'em like dirt, they still to you like mud" ...it's fucking lame, but the idea is true. If you give a girl everything you have to offer, then she'll be uninterested because you aren't throwing her curveballs. I fucking HATE how everything has to be a goddamn game, and nothing can just easily work out. My lady friends will say "it's all about the chase". Well, most of them will have a relationship lasting a year, have a terrible break up, then find some other dude and follow their same routine.

From dating a goddess for almost 3 years, I know how to treat a girl well. I didn't know how to treat myself well though, and that's how things ended. I had to finally be selfish. I broke up with her because she became too goddamn insane and I was dooooone with walking on eggshells and mentally beating up myself to make her feel better. This break up was two years ago, and now she's married with a hott dude who owns a house n shit (via parents). Good for them. Wasn't time for me.

All of my confidence goes toward my personality. I also have really defined legs for some genetic reason, but besides that I know I can mentally speak to a girl and have fun with it. That's the key: just fucking TALK and have fun with the conversation -- do not ATTEMPT to 'get' the girl already. If you act like you're just friends, then she'll feel most comfortable with you. A few weeks might go by down the road and you're in the friends zone, but she's there. Now, who knows if that girl is still the girl you were first taken back by -- if she is, then stop hanging out with her. That'll make her pull toward you -- the curveball has been thrown. You'll find out if she really likes you or she likes having the attention and doesn't really appreciate it.

I kinda tried that out. It worked, but then I fucked up and pushed too hard to date when, even though she liked me a lot, she just wasn't ready to date (this was relatively recent). Ah well.

can totally relate to that right now. i did the opposite, pushed to hard at first and then pulled away. and now i don't exactly know what's up. oh well, that shit happens. people are super busy this time of year. learn from everything, regret nothing.

people on dating sites used to get really angry with me because there were several things i would list that i absolutely cannot tolerate in guys: 1. if you don't agree with gay marriage 2. if you're hardline conservative 3. if you're really, really christian/talk about jesus a lot 4. smoking/drinking a lot

hey baby, what brings you here? :P

no, but seriously, i love these points. i wish more people/women felt this way.

the best thing you can do when talking to anyone is to be yourself, be interesting, be an asshole (maybe that's just me) and don't act like you're trying to fuck them or pick them up. in my case, i'm usually not trying to pick anyone up ever, i just want to have a conversation.

but if you're trying to score, you can be like my ex's cousin and just hit on every girl that moves and poke/flirt with every girl on facebook that you think is cute. dude is a trim reaper. he's a good looking dude too, but he has an amazing sense of confidence and really seals the deal. maybe it's the persistent stalking.

^^^ Well, that guy's wiener will probably fall off soon. He's a boy in a man's body, and so he'll never be completely satisfied, no matter how many girls he bones. By the time he's ready to settle down, he'll probably have HPV, Gonorrhea, Diarrhea, no familia, haunted by Bob Villa...and it'll be too late. Your ex's cousin sucks.

my mom always taught me to treat women with respect so i tend to be a bit chivalrous at times. i open doors, i pull seats out, i stand up when women go to the restroom or anyone approaches a table. so it tends to be a habit. and sometimes women take that as me being a bit overzealous. once i actually was told to stop calling a woman maam' as made her feel old. most people who know me know i call everyone maam and sir as a sign of respect. i use it like people use the word "dude" or "Kid". so unfortunately i told her that, and it didnt end well. a few days later she chastised me for opening the door with a "i can do that myself, i don't need your help". we don't talk anymore. but im not gonna change who i am for someone if they can't understand that's just my demeanor.

i had a streak going several years before i broke up with my last girlfriend. i was getting tail left and right. then i broke up with my last girl, decided i don't need that shit for a while, and now i'm lost again. doh! i think i need to join something to meet women, because i'm too old to be picking women up in bars. and dating sites don't really work in my favor for some reason. i don't like hiking like everyone and their mother on those sites. i don't have a job, and i don't get hammered drunk, not to mention no one on the site i go to likes the same music i do. shitty. so i'm in limbo.

well i better get out, gotta go apply for a job and hopefully get some decent pizza.

friday night i was at the kevin devine show, and after a long wait my first move was the bathroom.

well there was 1 long line for 2 single stall bathrooms. at the same time i got in line, so did this very good looking girl with long curly blonde hair. there was a moment of conversation where the 2 of us just kind of acknowledged, oh great now that were done waiting in line, its time to wait in line!

she seemed charmed... and then i lost it. maybe it was the fact that there would have been about 20 other people to witness any further conversation, and that we each had to piss our brains out. but i literally had nothing more to go on after that. so i just spent the next 10 minutes standing behind her without another word being said.

didnt see her again the rest of that night, and that was that.

it sucked.

^^^ Everytime I'm standing in line for the bathroom and there happens to be an attractive girl also waiting, I always say the same thing...even if there are separate men/women bathrooms, I'll still say, "I'll race you"

I've gone in the bathroom at the same time as the other person, and I've raced when there are separate bathrooms...upon coming out, if I win, I always say "did the dryer not work?" ... and when I lose the race, I'll say, "but you didn't have to shake!"

It's so much fun -- and you have to act like it's fun if you actually say these things or else, yes, you'll just be a creeper haha.

Edit: Spontaneity wins.