Blowout vinyl at GoHastings

I picked up:

LCD Soundsystem - Drunk Girls 12-inch

Ben Gibbard & Jay Farrar - Music From Kerouac's Big Sur 2xLP

The Jealous Sound - A Gentle Reminder LP

For $30 shipped. Although I couldn't get $.96 shipping for anything — originally I had three or four additional 7-inches in my cart and the shipping for the whole order was something like $14, so I cut the 7-inches out and it dropped to $4 and change, but when I tried to place a separate order for any of those 7-inches, shipping was starting at $2.36 per item or something.

I totally scored on this sale! Ended up getting 11 records!

Kid Cudi "Man on the Moon: The End of Day"

Pixies "Bossanova" and "Doolittle"

Cloud Nothings "Attack on memory"

Best Coast "Crazy for you"

Crystal Castles "II"

Brand New "Daisy"

Wavves "King of the Beach"

M83 "Saturdays=Youth"

Incubus "A crow left of the murder"

Das Racist "Relax"

All for $149 including shipping! Not fucking bad at all for 11 records. 

I think I win on the 'worst mailer from GoHastings' competition.

Broken down box with the sides taped shut. Surprisingly, both the LPs inside were in excellent shape. No seam splits or banged up corners.

unnamed_zpsaec8ba3c.jpg

If your records arrived in perfect shape then they are doing something right.

I grabbed the metallica rsd box through this sell. it came in a bigger box with something akin to the system SSD uses, like a cradle. it was in perfect shape, not a bad deal for $27.00 ppd. the other records I ordered came in the amazon style boxes. I guess im lucky in that ive never had a hastings order go south.

I grabbed the metallica rsd box through this sell. it came in a bigger box with something akin to the system SSD uses, like a cradle. it was in perfect shape, not a bad deal for $27.00 ppd. the other records I ordered came in the amazon style boxes. I guess im lucky in that ive never had a hastings order go south.

I can't say I've had any of mine 'go south' either.  They've showed up in boxes of all shapes and sizes, but they've all been in good shape.  I'd honestly say they show up better than a lot of places I order from (who package more appropriately).

I also mainly order records from Hastings that are cheap or on clearance, so I can't be too mad that they skimp on the packaging.

I think I win on the 'worst mailer from GoHastings' competition.

Broken down box with the sides taped shut. Surprisingly, both the LPs inside were in excellent shape. No seam splits or banged up corners.

unnamed_zpsaec8ba3c.jpg

I've absolutely received a few of these over the years. I can't seem to recall the contents ever being damaged, either.

I work for Hastings and all stores are supposed to use record mailers. Each store is supposed to order more when they run out which I am guessing these stores sending out records are not doing. If you have any damage call the 1-800 number and complain and they should hopefully do something for you or at least say something to the stores who are sending records out like that. Makes me cringe anytime I see a record sent that way but you never know what you are going to get since it can come from any Hastings store in the U.S.