whats your favorite record you own?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5

Cake - Fashion Nugget - Cause I never thought I'd have it

BTMI - Vacation/Light Blue Teal Splatter - This variant's fucking beautiful, and the record kicks ass in-general

Cheap Girls - My Roaring 20's - My band played with them soon after this came out. I'd never heard them before, but really dug it, so I ended up sticking around talking to Adam a ton. In the end, he gave me this record, 2 posters, 2 stickers, and a T-Shirt for $10. Awesome dudes. Felt bad. Show was on a Monday. Barely anyone there.

Hives - New Favourite Band/Test Press - Got this super cheap. Wasn't expecting to.

Ratasucia - White Noise Pollution - Vinyl itself isn't worth anywhere more than $10. This record's just awesome.

Honorable mentions - The JTB stuff, Elliott Smith - XO (BongLoad), all They Might Be Giants/Replacements stuff.

What are you guys factoring in to determine a favorite?

The music itself? (If so, how would this differ from the countless "your favorite album" threads?)

The record variant? The packaging? The story behind how you obtained the vinyl?

sure. how about: the one record you would keep if you could only keep one.

Bent Outta Shape- Stray Dog Town on green vinyl

Super jealous of this. That album is so fucking good. Wish the repress Recess has said they were going to do would happen sooner rather than later.

Top 3:

Tomas Dvorak - Machinarium Soundtrack

A great record by itself, it's also the soundtrack to one of my favorite games in recent memory. The art on the front and back of the cover is also amazing, and to top it off, it's signed by Mr. Dvorak himself.

Casiokids - Topp Stemning Pa Lokal Bar

I saw these guys live last year and was blown away by their performance. After the show, my friend bought me this record as a birthday gift, and then got it signed for me. My favorite thing about it though, is one of the guys wrote "For Ryan, You are a great human being!" Love it.

Dom - Sun Bronzed Greek Gods Test Print

When I found out that a user here was selling a test print to one of my favorite records of the past couple years by one of my favorite bands, I knew I had to own it. When it finally arrived, I was delighted to find out it was #1 of 7.

Since I can't just do one, my five favorite records I own (in no particular order):

Further Seems Forever - "The Moon Is Down" (Black)

Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue" (Original/mono/6-eye Columbia label)

The Get Up Kids - "Something To Write Home About" (First press/black)

Pedro The Lion - "The Only Reason I Feel Secure"

Strongarm - "The Advent of a Miracle" (First pressing/white - x/100)