Jealous Sound - A Gentle Reminder pre order (tests

timwt

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This is getting re-released by Rise in February.

"For over 13 years The Jealous Sound have been inspiring fans and bands with their unique blend of indie and alternative rock. Rise Records is proud to re-release their latest full length album titled, "A Gentle Reminder" The new deluxe digipak version will include 4 bonus tracks including a brand new song and the 2008 Got Friends EP. The double vinyl LP version will include those, as well as 2 remixes of the song "Got Friends". One of the remixes created by Jimmy Tamborello of the Postal Service. A Gentle Reminder was recorded by John "Lou" Lousteau in the Foo Fighter's 606 Studios."

<p><p>

This is getting re-released by Rise in February.

"For over 13 years The Jealous Sound have been inspiring fans and bands with their unique blend of indie and alternative rock. Rise Records is proud to re-release their latest full length album titled, "A Gentle Reminder" The new deluxe digipak version will include 4 bonus tracks including a brand new song and the 2008 Got Friends EP. The double vinyl LP version will include those, as well as 2 remixes of the song "Got Friends". One of the remixes created by Jimmy Tamborello of the Postal Service. A Gentle Reminder was recorded by John "Lou" Lousteau in the Foo Fighter's 606 Studios."

sorry, but i think this is stupid.

the first vinyl issue of this is still available, whereas it is very hard to find kill them with kindness for a decent price, since this release is long oop. <p>

So it's going to be a 2xLP at 16 tracks. 10 album tracks 4 song EP a 2 remixed songs?

Yes I also don't quite get this either. It was just released last year and they could just press the 2008 EP. Or even re-issue the S/T EP because even though I enjoy those tracks but the recording is awful.

They will also be touring with Balance and Composure (has this been announced? I don't really keep up with either band).

Date City Venue 1/31 Cleveland, OH The Grog Shop 2/1 Detroit, MI Magic Stick 2/2 Chicago, IL Subterranean 2/4 Denver, CO Marquis Theatre 2/6 San Francisco, CA Bottom of the Hill 2/7 Los Angeles, CA The Echo 2/8 Anaheim, CA Chain Reaction 2/9 Mesa, AZ The Nile 2/11 Austin, TX Red 7 2/12 Dallas, TX Cambridge Room 2/14 Orlando, FL Backbooth 2/15 Pembroke Pines, FL Talent Farm 2/16 Jacksonville, FL Phoenix Taproom 2/18 Nashville, TN The End 2/19 Chapel Hill, NC Local 506 2/20 Washington DC DC9 2/21 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer 2/22 Boston, MA The Sinclair 2/23 Hamde, CT The Space 2/24 New York City, NY Bowery Ballroom

• 11 months later...

Anyone have any info on a red pressing of this album. I know this topic is old but didn't search long for an answer. Sorry. It is actually red with some dark wisps in it. Any info is appreciated

I don't have any info on it but which pressing are you referring to? The one on Rise Records?

• 2 years later...

I feel bad for bumping this thread, but did anyone ever figure out pressing numbers for the Burnt Toast pressing?

I finally sat down and streamed this album and want to grab a copy, but they have 4 variants (pink, blue, white and yellow). From reading this thread, it seems the pink was the very first press so I'll probably go with that one. Still surprised the label has these too.