Chuck Ragan & The Refugio Kids & Friends 7"

I sincerely doubt this will be a one time pressing...even selling 7 Euro/$9 7"s

this is the text of that page translated:

The recordings of "Chuck Ragan and The Refugio Kids & Friends" go back to a meeting in the fall of 2010. 15 months ago Chuck Ragan visited the refugee children of the Refugio eV for the first time, as he in favor of the children, an afternoon concert in Munich, played a World House. Here are cared for in art and music groups for children who live in accommodation for asylum seekers. The artistic, art therapy and educational groups to help the refugee children, their "double silence" to overcome: in addition to the lack of mastery of the language in a foreign country and the difficulty of representing the experience.

Fans and friends of Chuck were also invited to this special occasion on the condition to donate instruments to the children. More than 50 Friends of Music in Munich followed the call and gave away flutes, guitars and many other instruments.

A year later, in October 2011, it was Chuck Ragan wish list, but these children to meet again in the same place and implement a second project with them. Support of the arts and music group of Refugio eV He took the help of Patrick Maresch (Westend Studio Munich) four songs with the kids on - one meeting, the first opposite could not be: Chuck Ragan's hits rough raspy voice to the four songs the fragile background chorus of children who have for the first time in her life altotajo English songs in a Studioathmosphäre - a warm, authentic snapshot in the charity, respect, and the unifying power of music took precedence. The group was assisted in the recordings of fiddler Jon Gaunt and the bassist Joe Ginsburgh.

The edition is limited to 500 copies (7 "white vinyl),
a reissue is planned.

All proceeds from the sale of these 7 will "benefit the work of art instead of REFUGIO groups.

Hmmm sorry to say guys but now you know how "we europeans" feel.

a. records are a lot more expensive over here. A 12'' will be somewhere between 18 and 24 euros. (23 to 30 $). 7 euro for a 7'' is not that uncommon.

b. Shipping of a record to europe is mostly more than the cost of the actual record. A regular record will cost me somewhere between 25 and 30 $ when it actually only costs 12$.

Count yourselves lucky. just not this time

Hmmm sorry to say guys but now you know how "we europeans" feel.

a. records are a lot more expensive over here. A 12'' will be somewhere between 18 and 24 euros. (23 to 30 $). 7 euro for a 7'' is not that uncommon.

b. Shipping of a record to europe is mostly more than the cost of the actual record. A regular record will cost me somewhere between 25 and 30 $ when it actually only costs 12$.

Count yourselves lucky. just not this time

sad but true

Buying Chuck records has become like Marvel comics in the mid-90s crossover era. Every time I see dude has another split, I think, "Man, I just like the X-Men. Don't make me buy Ghost Rider to find out what Logan is doing in Japan please."

Nothing wrong with Ghost Rider. Just not my book.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...