Garage Rock/Grunge bands

There's a 14 (?) volume set that this guy compiled, called "Lux & Ivy's Favorites." It features any and all songs mentioned by either of them in any interview. Lots of them can be found on the "Songs the Cramps Taught Us" comps, but there's sooooo much more. You can torrent them, or find them on Soulseek. They had 'em on the WMFU blog for a while, too.

Edit: The WFMU blog has the first 11 volumes - http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2009/02/lux-and-ivys-favorites-mp3s.html

I've been looking for the Songs The Cramps Taught Us comps for yearsss. Pricey when they show up and never a complete set.

• 2 weeks later...
Ty Segall has been one of my favorites over the last few years. If you like his stuff, try his earlier bands Epsilons and well as the Traditional Fools as well. If you end up loving the Mummies (the Mummies friggin' RULE!), then you'd love both of these bands.

Thanks Kriss. Because of you, I streamed some Epsilons online and I now I can't get enough. Any idea how I can get a copy of their self titled album on vinyl? I "bought" a copy on Insound, but its Backordered (ie. Out of Print), so I'll probably never get it. You should give me your copy since this is kinda' your fault.

^ We've been listening to a ton of Nobunny over the last few days - particularly Love Visions

The wife got me a 1st pressing of Love Visions for my birthday. The one on Bubble Dumb Records where they pasted the cover on a sleeve from Goodwill. Mine's pasted on a copy of "In Concert / The Best of Jimmy Cliff."

Very nice! Those are super rare now it seems - I'm happy with my 1234 Go! press - how well does the Jimmy Cliff show through?

You can't tell from the front or the back (the paper they used is pretty thick), but the spine doesn't have anything over it, so it really throws me off in the collection. Every time I see it I wonder what a "C" record is doing in the "N" section.