PO: The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet (Ships 5/12)

I am buying two copies I will say that right now. I have really high hopes because it sounds a hell of a lot better than Octahedron (my least favorite mars volta record). Ive listened to a lot of the live recordings and it sounds pretty unique. The band has been open about themselves taking a new direction in a lot of different ways (sound,line up,performance,recording,album artwork etc.). I cant wait to get the vinyl and then see them live this time around. Hopefully they will release some singles on vinyl as they didnt do this for Octahedron but did for pretty much all their other records.

I'm excited for this. Have loved every album.

+1

For sure. I should clarify that when I say Octahedron was my least fav. it was only because I love the others ones more. I love every one of their records as they pretty much are my fav. band.

Favorite record by the mars volta is def. The Bedlam In Goliath

Supposedly SH is working on reissues of Deloused and FTM. They've been saying that since like '08 though. I'm definitely excited for this album. Saw them open for Soundgarden and have watched a few youtube vids of the new material live and it is definitely different but still intriguing. Now that this album has some grounding in reality and not just speculation, I'm trying to forget everything I heard to keep the material fresh for when the album is released.

The more time goes on since Octahedron came out the more I like it. Everything is really good after the first track which is just OK. Should have been more like the live version they played before Bedlam came out. It was just way over-produced.

I'm not expecting to love this album as much as the first three or four releases but I'm sure it will be an exciting listen.

Favorite record by the mars volta is def. The Bedlam In Goliath

Definitely agree. It's amazing. 8-)

Gonna get this new one for sure anyway whenever they actually announce the vinyl record. And definitely agree with the sentiment that Octahedron is their weakest album. It wasn't great.

I agree it is amazing as well.

I was really happy when bedlam came out .. amputechture felt like a dip but I like it in hindsight.

I can understand this. Even a lot of dedicated mars volta fans have trouble getting into amputechture. Cedric has described it before as something like "The bad kid of the family in the corner that no one likes." But amputechture rocks.

I am so stoked for this vinyl release. I really hope they do something special like the first hundred pre orders get something like a 7 inch or a slip mat. That would be amazing.