PO: The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet (Ships 5/12)

This was just uploaded a few hours ago. 30 second preview of one of the songs:

http://soundcloud.com/themarsvolta/the-malkin-jewel-snippet

I really like it. Especially like how Cedric's vocals aren't as high pitched as on many Volta songs. Also check out YouTube for live versions of some of the other songs.

EDIT: oh and the pic on the Mars Volta site for the album is the album artwork. It sucks.

Keep in mind that thread was started on May 14th 2010 (less than a year after the release of the last album) when speculation for the album that would become Noctourniquet could officially begin lol. Still there are hundreds of pages of non-sense and Lost discussion coursing through that heap. I've checked in periodically the whole time and it gets pretty useless in there.

For the love of God, people! Its only 30 seconds of what stands to be at least a 60-ish minute album. How could it really affect your anticipation in any significant manner?

1)Anything new they do I am biased to like.

2)It honestly did sound pretty different from anything they have done which excites me.(sexually that is)

I've been a fan since 2004. I'm all about soaking up every last pre-release crumb and dissecting it for the fun of the anticipation as I've gone through this ritual with every release after Deloused but I can't believe how many people between here and the comatorium are acting like this little clip is going to be indicative of the entire album.

And the bitch-made smiting continues. I didn't call anyone's mother a whore. I just tried to shake a little sense into this situation.

I was a huge fan of this band until I saw them live 6 years ago and they insulted the crowd numerous times for "slam dancing". Someone ended up throwing a few bottles onstage and the band left the stage after only a few songs. They're talented but I didn't care for the douchey rock star attitudes.

Tell that to maynard james keenan.

or this guy:

I've been a fan since 2004. I'm all about soaking up every last pre-release crumb and dissecting it for the fun of the anticipation as I've gone through this ritual with every release after Deloused but I can't believe how many people between here and the comatorium are acting like this little clip is going to be indicative of the entire album.

And the bitch-made smiting continues. I didn't call anyone's mother a whore. I just tried to shake a little sense into this situation.

I don't think it's indicative of the whole album, but it's the first material released by the band to a rabid fanbase. Of course it's going to shape expectations. When has the Internet ever reacted calmly or rationally to anything?

I was a huge fan of this band until I saw them live 6 years ago and they insulted the crowd numerous times for "slam dancing". Someone ended up throwing a few bottles onstage and the band left the stage after only a few songs. They're talented but I didn't care for the douchey rock star attitudes.

Tell that to maynard james keenan.

or this guy:

Seen both Queens and Tool/APC many times and neither were even close to as unprofessional as TMV. Not even close.