PO: The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet (Ships 5/12)

Just got this... The jacket is split, the vinyl is warped and the mailer was beat to shit to the point where the jacket had huge creases in it over all sides. Bummed

That is terrible :(( You should try to get your money back/get a new free copy.

I still havent gotten mine. I hope mine arrives soon and in perfect condition.

Does anyone have a good DL link for this. Could you post it or PM me? I have a damn pair of 3D glasses, but no DL code WTF.

For some reason the vinyl doesn't have a DL card. They announced that from the very beginning (even says so in the description of the record on hellomerch) and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe because the vinyl record is by ORL but it's released digitally by Warner? ???

Guess you'll have to download it by "other" means. ;)

Also I got a shipping confirmation and it has some kind of tracking number (don't have it yet though as I'm in Oz). So if any of you guys don't have shipping confirmation you should prolly e-mail (especially if you're in the US).

Does anyone have a good DL link for this. Could you post it or PM me? I have a damn pair of 3D glasses, but no DL code WTF.

For some reason the vinyl doesn't have a DL card. They announced that from the very beginning (even says so in the description of the record on hellomerch) and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe because the vinyl record is by ORL but it's released digitally by Warner? ???

Also I got a shipping confirmation and it has some kind of tracking number (don't have it yet though as I'm in Oz). So if any of you guys don't have shipping confirmation you should prolly e-mail (especially if you're in the US).

Exactly, Warner owns the rights to the album, RLP just got the rights to press on vinyl.

Just got this... The jacket is split, the vinyl is warped and the mailer was beat to shit to the point where the jacket had huge creases in it over all sides. Bummed

Yeah, I emailed them and sent pictures, so it's to be seen if they'll replace it or not.

Yeah, I emailed them and sent pictures, so it's to be seen if they'll replace it or not.

I have had pretty good experience with them in the past. I am pretty sure they will help you out. I mean it is totally their fault.

I have had pretty good experience with them in the past. I am pretty sure they will help you out. I mean it is totally their fault.

ive also once received two warped record from them, emailed them and they sent me a new copy of one record and refunded the second one (the second one was sold out, sadly)

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a DL card it's just lame that they didn't include it. I am still looking for a good DL link without having to do a bunch of bs. I used to always be able to find things on mediafire, but now it's not so easy.

• 2 years later...

Just ordered this off discogs for 40, which is more than I wanted to pay but every other posting has it much higher. The reviews say omar's label produced it and it sounds like garbage? Can anyone confirm if the audio quality is worse? I'm hoping Kannibal is right.

Sucks it's not a 2LP  :/ .

not their best record but it really grew on me fast. I think one day people will really be wanting this one. I have the MOV represses of deloused and amputecture and the artwork is amazing..sound doesn't seem to be bad at all either. I can see Omars company cutting corners to save some money though.

I'm pretty sure that this is a 2LP (orange and blue) and that it comes with 3D glasses and a poster. Also, my copy sounds fine to me. I haven't listened to it in ages. Maybe tonight I will. :D I'll report back if I notice it sounds garbagy. I don't think it does though.

also, you REALLY just missed this being available retail for like $25 bucks. I'm pretty sure I saw it at my record store like 6 months ago for cheapish.

They were saying the trebel is way too high. Idk, I'll probably be super happy just to have it. The seller told me he "priced to sell" it, and I did buy it like 10 minutes after he posted it. 25 would have been nice, but 40 (including shipping) isn't too much torture for my wallet. No record stores in my town carry volta, minus one who has a used copy of tremulant EP 12" for 30 bucks. 10 bucks a song though? No thanks.

edit: oh , I had meant to say gatefold ,not 2LP.

Ha, fair enough. Well, I think you'll be satisfied with your $40 purchase. I also like the album. It's no Deloused, but I like it. I go through "moods" with TMV, so I haven't listened to them in some time. I'll give it a whirl tonight. Too bad I don't have any recreational marijuana.

They were saying the trebel is way too high. Idk, I'll probably be super happy just to have it. The seller told me he "priced to sell" it, and I did buy it like 10 minutes after he posted it. 25 would have been nice, but 40 (including shipping) isn't too much torture for my wallet. No record stores in my town carry volta, minus one who has a used copy of tremulant EP 12" for 30 bucks. 10 bucks a song though? No thanks.

edit: oh , I had meant to say gatefold ,not 2LP.

$40 isn't much to complain about. Two of my stores had it for $32 the same year it was released. 3D glasses don't do much with the artwork, but this is a damn catchy album. Hated it at first, but ended up loving the simplicity of it (with the added synths on some tracks).

Thanks for the shout out. I'm a big fan of all things Volta and this album was criminally dumped on. It always amazes me how many people just want an artist to make the same album over and over again. That's not to say that everyone has to like everything an artist does just because they enjoy the first album, either. This album has some very good songs that would make it onto a personal best of album.

I'm also interested in checking this out again on vinyl. I do remember it sounding better, but it would be hard not to sound better considering how bad the CD sounds (DR3! 3!). I did think that the MOV Deloused sounded better than the CD until I A/B'ed them and thought they sounded exactly the same, so I'll have to check it out again before I back my initial SQ post.

Also, I don't think that TMV vinyl really sounds great to begin with. It's not bad, but none of the LPs sound hugely better or different from the digital formats.