No, they were never going to press records in the back of the RRS... they record their shows (and the one performance from the RRS) direct to tape, then cut the records at URP from the tape. The RRS is solely for cross country fests allowing folks a chance at TMR goodies that are specific to the shop, ie t shirts, slip mats, shot glasses. They also typically have some black and blues for a 100 a pop and occassionally have a copy or two of Get behind me satan for like 300. (kinda like tri colors going to the artist's home town record store)... And it acts as a portable pop up store rather than renting space or erecting tents.

does your raconteurs LP sound pretty bad on side A? i guess a lot of people are having issues with a "whooshing sound". mine has it.

Ditto... shoot'em an email about it, looks like the earliest copies had the issue as the folks just now getting it aren't having that issue.

I shot them an e-mail and they immediately sent me a replacement. Sounds exactly the same. Side A is messed up and Side B is fine. I give up. Bleh.

Just got my B&B from the Neil Hamburger show... All the rips on me are there on the recording... Most favorite one being the pigboy/garbage man rant he lays on me! Hahaha!

?? Can you explain a little more?

I kept yelling WHY and WHAT to his rhetorical jokes... he finally went off and called me a son of a bitch and to get the hell out cause I was ruining the tape for everyone else.... after his next joke called me Pigboy and a garbageman... then towards then end of the set says I won't buy the record, I'd rather spend the $20 on wax for my stupid asshole goatee!

I've honestly never laughed harder than that night.

so who's pumped about all the news today?

jack was on the vault chat today and pretty much said, the new single isn't meant to be representative of the rest of the album. really interested to hear what else is in store.

I'm pretty stoked on the single even. I know he is a bit of a polemic, but I like the majority of his output. Also excited that the album release date is real close to a Vault package. Hoping for some goodies.

Are there going to be tri-colors of his release?

Announced today on jackwhiteiii.com that there will be 300 tri-colors for this release.

100 for sale at TMR on Feb 14th

50 inserted into random mail orders

the rest sent to "independent record stores" which probably means the Amoeba's, Reckless, Waterloo, Grimey's, etc. will get some.

Are there going to be tri-colors of his release?

Announced today on jackwhiteiii.com that there will be 300 tri-colors for this release.

the rest sent to "independent record stores" which probably means the Amoeba's, Reckless, Waterloo, Grimey's, etc. will get some.

So unless these come sealed 150 will go to independent record store employees.

So unless these come sealed 150 will go to independent record store employees.

That is what it seems like