Got mine today too

Got a slip mat. I Don't think it came from a previous vault because I don't have it but I jnow Ive seen it before. It is black red and white I think it came with a white stripes boxset

If this is the one I think you are referring to, it was an incentive for preordering the "Under Great White Northern Lights" boxset. I got one from preordering, and also received another in the "vinyl roulette" in the TMR online store. It's a rather abstract red and white design on black felt that kinda looks like a steering wheel.

I can only imagine what that would sell for.

Ben Blackwell did an interview with Dust & Grooves (highly recommended) and he mentioned one of the copies of the hand painted "Lafayette Blues" single (only 15 made) went for "the high four-figures" which is probably a good jumping off point for this haha

Ben Blackwell did an interview with Dust & Grooves (highly recommended) and he mentioned one of the copies of the hand painted "Lafayette Blues" single (only 15 made) went for "the high four-figures" which is probably a good jumping off point for this haha

Not worth as much as a hand painted 7"

Only 15 of those made, and only 7 painted by Jack himself, so much rarer than a 1 of 100 record.  

Also White Stripes are a slightly more popular band than the Upholsterers.

Not worth as much as a hand painted 7"

Only 15 of those made, and only 7 painted by Jack himself, so much rarer than a 1 of 100 record.  

Also White Stripes are a slightly more popular band than the Upholsterers.

There's a very good chance that some, if not most, of the Upholsters' will either never be found or will be accidentally destroyed. Now that Jack White is pretty huge, I feel like a small side project like this could go for quite a pretty penny. This is all just speculation though and you could totally be right. Who knows?

There's a very good chance that some, if not most, of the Upholsters' will either never be found or will be accidentally destroyed. Now that Jack White is pretty huge, I feel like a small side project like this could go for quite a pretty penny. This is all just speculation though and you could totally be right. Who knows?

Not all of the 15 hand painted records have been found either.

I am not saying this find isn't a valuable one.  I could easily see it going for $10,000, just not the $20k+ the HPLB have gone for.

I would say this record is probably the #3 most valuable Jack record after HPLB and the Ball & Biscuit 10".

I didn't even know that existed. Any more details about it?

From White Swirl:

This is a copy of the 10" Test Pressing of the White Stripes "There's no home for you here" backed with an unreleased version of "Ball & Biscuit (Live)", here forth known as the "10" Ball & Biscuit". This record was produced under Jack's guidance by White Stripes production manager Leo Silverman. XL's marketing department suggested it was too 'niche' and pushed for a 7" release instead so this never made it past the design phase and ultimately wasn't approved by Jack to be pressed. The 9:02 version of Ball & Biscuit was never used as it wouldn't fit on a standard 7" with any quality.

The record was produced on a run of 10 copies pressed at ASL in London. It just happened that ASL had another 10" job running at the time on clear vinyl so they threw in the White Stripes stampers and the rest is history. It is the only White Stripes release on 10" vinyl or clear vinyl. It is also the only known release of this version of Ball & Biscuit done at Electric Lady Studio for a radio promotion.

As for the whereabouts of the 10 known copies...

Jack is said to have a copy or two in his private collection, two are in private collector hands (mine and another lucky souls), and the rest are said to be in the vaults at XL records, never to be released.

This copy was obtained from the personal collection of Ben Blackwell as the letter shown authenticates. It has been played one time to make the video attached for all to enjoy.