Vault packages I'd like to see:

Lazaretto Spanish/salsa version

Lazaretto reggae version, with bonus disc of dubs, produced by Lee Perry

Dead Weather coveringing all of Elephant with bluegrass arrangements

Jack covering all of Exile on Main St. as an homage to Pussy Galore

Etc. Etc.

Get the creativity flowing again, dudes.

I would cancel. Unfortunately,I get billed.about 2 weeks before each announcement. I may have to just cancel and wait to see what they do next to decide if I'm back in

I used to roll with the automatic payment until the Elelphant Singles Vault Package.  That shook my confidence a bit so I cancelled and now I re-up whenever a "suitable" package is announced and then cancel soon after my order is confirmed.  Probably the safest way to go.

I used to roll with the automatic payment until the Elelphant Singles Vault Package. That shook my confidence a bit so I cancelled and now I re-up whenever a "suitable" package is announced and then cancel soon after my order is confirmed. Probably the safest way to go.

Unless you want to use the ticket presale benefit, which is nice.

TMR just announced they will be releasing Benjamin Booker Live from TMR next Tuesday. This should be a great release, even more pumped that I will be able to physically pick it up from the actual TMR store on my first visit next week when we travel to see Jack III in Nashville. 

http://thirdmanstore.com/featured/benjamin-booker-live-at-third-man-records

Parquet Courts Live at Third Man being released March 3rd. This should be awesome.

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/parquet-courts-live-at-third-man-records-to-be-released-march-3rd/

Finally. I purchased a black and white variant of this at the actual show last June. Interesting though, I was pretty sure they ended with a few songs off Light Up Gold. Regardless, I'm jacked for this.

So my Vault sub. automatically renewed, and I forgot to cancel it like many do from time to time. Not really interested in another WS live set as I have quite a few. No big deal, I'll just send an email asking to reverse it before the deadline hits; deadline to sign up for this release is the end of the month. So I email TMR and ask for a refund and get the following response:

Vault Customer Service (Third Man Records)
Jan 20, 15:29

Hi Matt,
Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, as mentioned on our website, I cannot issue refunds for past Vault payments, however I can cancel your membership moving forward so no future payments are scheduled if you wish. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,
-Brett
TMR Vault

Doesn't really make any sense when the deadline hasn't hit, and it isn't a past release. All you have to do is reverse the transaction. I'm not too thrilled right now. So TMR, you are telling me you would rather me be out my $60, wait 3 months for it to get pressed, shipped, and arrive. Then have to mind someone else to buy it, just for me to get my initial money back?

That's pretty bad customer service. Especially to someone who has be a loyal customer for 5+ years and has spent more than I even want to count.

Ugh.

So my Vault sub. automatically renewed, and I forgot to cancel it like many do from time to time. Not really interested in another WS live set as I have quite a few. No big deal, I'll just send an email asking to reverse it before the deadline hits; deadline to sign up for this release is the end of the month. So I email TMR and ask for a refund and get the following response:

Vault Customer Service (Third Man Records)

Jan 20, 15:29

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, as mentioned on our website, I cannot issue refunds for past Vault payments, however I can cancel your membership moving forward so no future payments are scheduled if you wish. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,

-Brett

TMR Vault

Doesn't really make any sense when the deadline hasn't hit, and it isn't a past release. All you have to do is reverse the transaction. I'm not too thrilled right now. So TMR, you are telling me you would rather me be out my $60, wait 3 months for it to get pressed, shipped, and arrive. Then have to mind someone else to buy it, just for me to get my initial money back?

That's pretty bad customer service. Especially to someone who has be a loyal customer for 5+ years and has spent more than I even want to count.

Ugh.

You realize you can easily double your money with it right?

if you have been a loyal customer for 5+ years is think you would know how the vault works.

They clearly state they don't do refunds so if you just arent the type of person that is going to want every release I don't know why you would have it renew so early in the billing period.

I need to contact Third Man Records about a Vault Package question... is this the correct email address - [email protected] 

I only found that and [email protected] 

Thanks!

edit - just sent it off to both...didn't get kicked back so I guess they're still good email addresses. Never know with that tricky Jack White  :D

question for uk halt subscribers - do you get hammered with postage/customs/VAT fees? almost gone in for this a few times but the thought of huge fees really puts me off.

I've been subscribing from the start and have only once been charged customs fees on my vault releases. On that occasion it happened to quite a few people and we got a discount voucher and apology from Third Man.

Anyone going to the Nashville JWIII show on Wednesday? Heading down there from Chicago early Wednesday morning, but the 7-8 hour drive is gonna cut it close for me with getting in line for a poster. If anyone was planning to get there early for a poster and could kindly scoop me one, I will gladly buy you a few beers or cocktails at the show and reimburse you for the poster. Appreciate any help...Cheers