Gonna scoop this one up because I've been telling myself that I would for the last couple weeks. It'll be the first Vault package I sign up for, so that's cool I guess.

I did just snag that Live in Detroit boxset on eBay for a steal of a price. Stoked on that.

Edited by TheWindBlower

2 hours ago, deadbluehawk said:

Kind of bumming that the Detroit show is a 20k seat arena.  Fingers crossed on a smaller Detroit show to pop up.  Otherwise I think I'm pulling a grumpy old man move and staying home.  Don't want to go to an area and to lazy to drive across the state for a smaller show.  

No free cd for me.

I do love Jack White and his various bands, but in my opinion, he really does not put on a good arena show. I saw him from the upper level of Madison Square Garden a couple years ago, and it was one of the most boring concerts I've ever been to. I've seen him a lot from the front of arena-size venues/festivals, but that was my first time high up. Totally not worth it. I think a big part of it is that he seems to eschew a large production (video screens, catwalk, flashy light show, etc.). Without those things, the energy really does not carry far. 

Edited by fondfarewell

On 1/10/2018 at 2:52 PM, stl_ben said:

I'm sure there will be a few people on ebay that will do it for a fee.

Here you go everybody! For those of us who dont live near Detroit and didnt get a chance to pickup the tri-color of the new 7", discogs already has a few for sale for only a minimum of $175! What a steal!!!!! 

57 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Here you go everybody! For those of us who dont live near Detroit and didnt get a chance to pickup the tri-color of the new 7", discogs already has a few for sale for only a minimum of $175! What a steal!!!!! 

I've seen some for as low as $150.  So $35 cost + ebays $20 cut....so basically you are paying someone $100 to stand in the cold snow for 2 hours.... 

unless he feels like doing it he is probably only going to play arena shows until his popularity dies, why would you shoot yourself in the foot by booking a smaller venue that's going to sell out, and then everyone will complain they couldn't get tickets to see jack white in that 3k cap club. 

20 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Why even care about this.  The same thing happens with every third man variant, especially location exclusives.   If you don’t want to go there or don’t want to pay a huge mark up why even bother getting upset over it.  It’s not like you can’t get the same songs on black vinyl.