I hope I’m as wrong as anybody, would love to pick this up as real, but think about it - with a release like this, why pick April 1 (on Easter Sunday, of all things) to announce when it could have been posted yesterday or tomorrow?

I suppose they could be playing a double-twist and make it seem like a joke and then have everyone surprised when it’s real.

Now I’m really just overthinking things..!

EDIT: Ok, I take it all back. Googled a little and think it’s legit, because look at this:

http://www.zappa.com/news/trout-mask-replica-coming-soon-third-man-records

Glad I was wrong! This is awesome!!

Edited by unknown pleasures

2 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Yes, just saw this myself. Still surprised they’d announce today of all days but seems pretty legit at this point. 

Edited by unknown pleasures

I've never had a vault membership, and I'm typically not interested in the releases offered to members. I'd like to get this, but would be ok with a standard black/nondeluxe version. What are the odds that this will see a regular release in a stripped down form? I thought some more seasoned vault members may be able to offer some info about how releases from the vault work their way into general release and distribution. If i Have to order this with a vault subscription, I just may, but man, I really don't need a mask and a tote bag.

9 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

I've never had a vault membership, and I'm typically not interested in the releases offered to members. I'd like to get this, but would be ok with a standard black/nondeluxe version. What are the odds that this will see a regular release in a stripped down form? I thought some more seasoned vault members may be able to offer some info about how releases from the vault work their way into general release and distribution. If i Have to order this with a vault subscription, I just may, but man, I really don't need a mask and a tote bag.

Vault LPs never see a wide distribution (aside from Dead Weather, and Jack White solo albums that had the colored versions as the vault package) everything else has never been released outside of the vault. I would imagine this one to be the same case. 

6 hours ago, hxcoliver said:

Vault LPs never see a wide distribution (aside from Dead Weather, and Jack White solo albums that had the colored versions as the vault package) everything else has never been released outside of the vault. I would imagine this one to be the same case. 

I would think since they mentioned a partnership between TMR and Bizarre that there will probably be a standard black issue of Trout Mask Replica... but I don't know that for sure.

I also wouldn't announce it until after April 31st so it doesn't affect Vault memberships.