On 4/1/2018 at 6:20 PM, GrapplesInStereo said:

I've never had a vault membership, and I'm typically not interested in the releases offered to members. I'd like to get this, but would be ok with a standard black/nondeluxe version. What are the odds that this will see a regular release in a stripped down form? I thought some more seasoned vault members may be able to offer some info about how releases from the vault work their way into general release and distribution. If i Have to order this with a vault subscription, I just may, but man, I really don't need a mask and a tote bag.

I have an '09 black repress that I might get rid of and get this, if I do I'll give you a fair price on it if you want.  Sounds great and is still in mint shape

37 minutes ago, Dojo Daniel said:

I have an '09 black repress that I might get rid of and get this, if I do I'll give you a fair price on it if you want.  Sounds great and is still in mint shape

Jeez I didn't even realize this record got expensive...I'm used to seeing it for pretty reasonable retail prices. Guess I haven't been looking hard.

1 minute ago, Dougie Jones said:

Did anyone purchase the Supremes Rarity set? I'm trying to find the color vinyl but don't see it on their page. I'm guessing it's straight from the brick and mortar like most of their other releases? The one on the vault page doesn't specify color so I'm assuming it's black.

It was only available 4/7/18 at the Cass Corridor location.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, TMR has pretty much become a flipping hipsters shitshow paradise at this point. Whenever I see a limited release I just ignore it since I do not live near a store and have no desire to pay crazy prices in the secondary market since 80+% of there releases are now bought by flippers. 

3 hours ago, weinerdog said:

What I think is a bit lame is that they offer nothing to Vault members. Maybe set aside a tiny % of these for subscribers or something.

I think I heard in one of the threads where people are mad about this that TMR forbid stores from selling /1000 variant online. Seems like they're taking the record store part of "Record Store Day" very seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Juke Records in Pittsburgh. Sorry, my VC location is misleading--I go to school in Orange, CA but I live in Pittsburgh. I always forget to update it when I'm between semesters.

Was curious if you went and if they had anything good. 

I went to the first stop in Buffalo and, unless you camped out, you barely had a chance at the special releases. They only had 4 copies of the Stooges  and Gaye on the limited runs. They had GBMS, but it was the BFRSD release, so sadly nothing worthwhile by the time I had a chance to pick stuff up.