• 1 month later...

This is the official announcement regarding the Raconteurs indie exclusive:

As an expression of the band’s deep admiration and appreciation for the community fostered by independent record stores, The Raconteurs are going all-in with exclusive offerings: limited edition white vinyl version of their upcoming album Help Us Stranger (June 21, 2019) with an alternate cover and hand-screen-printed LP jacket, printed paper LP bags for release day only, and a limited quantity of strictly promotional, never-available-for-sale 7” test pressings of their cover of Donovan’s “Hey Gyp (Dig the Slowness).”

I’m kinda curious about how prevalent the 7”s will be, but more so about the “printed paper LP bags for release day only.”

8 hours ago, kas1985 said:

I’m kinda curious about how prevalent the 7”s will be

I think they already gave these out with hand screenprinted covers at the 10th anniversary celebration to the people with the ultra tickets. So they must have made a decent amount of them vs a regular "test pressing". But I assume the new ones will be pretty impossible to get.

4 hours ago, natenomm said:

Fuck yes, Third Man is going to re-issue Akuma No Uta! Oh, and they're pressing Boris's new album. 

https://thirdmanrecords.com/news/boris-announce-lfve-and-evfl-lp-and-north-american-tour-in-celebration

And Feedbacker.

I'm excited cuz I still need a copy of ANU but also kinda upset they're not taking this opportunity to press Flood or Heavy Rocks 02. Also, obligatory "fuck Jack White".

I've got an OG and the 2 Southern Lord picture discs of Akuma No Uta, but i never managed to find a og version of Feedbacker. I'm so excited for a new album and tour though. They are playing in Denton, where someone got a piece of their ear bit off. I'm sure their gonna do a japanese Daymare version of the new album like they did with the last few too, so looks like I have 4 more Boris albums to buy this year.

Edited by elvismcvegas

Saw the Hives at Third Man in Nashville on Thursday. Still one of my favorite live bands, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them there. During the set, before they played their (new, 4 year old) song "I'm Alive", they said they had new music coming out on Third Man. Besides the live album, all I'm aware of so far is a 7" that will come out some time this summer. Hopefully there's a new LP coming out. Doubly awesome if it's out on Third Man. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 9:19 PM, dreamover said:

Saw the Hives at Third Man in Nashville on Thursday. Still one of my favorite live bands, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them there. During the set, before they played their (new, 4 year old) song "I'm Alive", they said they had new music coming out on Third Man. Besides the live album, all I'm aware of so far is a 7" that will come out some time this summer. Hopefully there's a new LP coming out. Doubly awesome if it's out on Third Man. 

Looks like The Hives 7" is coming out 5th July. It was listed today by Norman Records

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/177072-the-hives-im-alive

20 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Anyone ever go to the rolling record store? Is it worth it?

Depends on what you are looking for and how much time you want to put into it.

In the early years they would have rare items + RRS branded knick-knacks.

In more recent years they have moved to mainly RRS branded knick-knacks with a few various variants that they haven't been able to sell.

That being said with this road trip being all Raconteurs centric they could have some cool new stuff.

Regardless of what they have expect 2+ hours in line.