11 hours ago, jerseydave77 said:

Got the latest WBC XX vault. One of the nicest, most unique releases they've done yet.

Will I spin it much? I'm not sure. Therein lies the rub. However, they always deliver on their vault packages and it feels like they upped their game on this one yet again. 

Just got my copy and agree with everything you said. Live show is good but not great. The demos and alts are interesting but not essential. 

will grab elephant and icky for sure. Hope the packaging is similar so they look nice together.  

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, dreamover said:

Long shot - but did anyone get an extra White Blood Cells vault package or not want theirs? I've been a member since Vault 1 but missed an email saying I had to set up a new payment method and the new site wouldn't let me update it anyway. Bummed to miss the vault for the first time. 

There’s one on Discogs for $88. Not great, but not horrible either. I’m sure they’ll pop up at a little above cost soon. But I think $88 ain’t horrible for this one. Especially if you have all the other ones to keep it complete. 

19 hours ago, dreamover said:

Long shot - but did anyone get an extra White Blood Cells vault package or not want theirs? I've been a member since Vault 1 but missed an email saying I had to set up a new payment method and the new site wouldn't let me update it anyway. Bummed to miss the vault for the first time. 

I have one. I'd rather do a trade of some sort. Mostly interested in female artists right now. Any rare pressings of Eilish, Swift, Bridgers, Del Rey, or related artists hit me up in a message.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, dreamover said:

I'd consider letting this one go. I'm laid up and can't even get into the other room to look at it. Hit me with a PM, if in a couple weeks you are still looking we can talk. Good luck. 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, stl_ben said:

a little pop up in the UK yesterday with teases to maybe a London store opening soon.  To far from me, but very interesting and I guess good for them if business is doing well enough to open a third location.

Yeah, they (Absurd Scam records) were being very coy about things at the independent label market in London on Sunday, but they were selling some tri-colour 7"s apparently and other Third Man stuff. The store is just off Carnaby Street but it's boarded up and not open yet.

Vault #49 BOB DYLAN - SPRINGTIME IN NEW YORK: THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 16, 1980-1985

Featured Image

https://thirdmanrecords.com/news/third-man-records-announces-vault-package-49-bob-dylan-springtime-in-new-york-the-bootleg-series-vol-16-1980-1985

TRACKLIST:

LP-1

1. Señor (Tales of Yankee Power) – Rehearsal

2. Jesus Met the Woman at the Well – Rehearsal

3. Mary of the Wild Moor – Rehearsal

4. A Couple More Years – Rehearsal

5. This Night Won’t Last Forever – Rehearsal

6. Mystery Train – Shot of Love outtake

7. We Just Disagree – Rehearsal

8. Let’s Keep It Between Us – Rehearsal

9. Fever – Rehearsal

10. Abraham, Martin and John – Rehearsal

11. Angelina – Shot of Love outtake

LP-2

1. Price of Love – Shot of Love outtake

2. I Wish It Would Rain – Shot of Love outtake

3. Let It Be Me – International 7” Single B-side*

4. Don’t Ever Take Yourself Away – Shot of Love outtake*

5. Cold, Cold Heart – Shot of Love outtake

6. Is It Worth It? – Shot of Love outtake

7. Borrowed Time – Shot of Love outtake

8. Yes Sir, No Sir – Shot of Love outtake

9. This Was My Love – Infidels outtake

10. Don’t Fall Apart on Me Tonight [version 2] – Infidels alternate take

11. Neighborhood Bully – Infidels alternate take

LP-3

1. Too Late [acoustic version] – Infidels outtake

2. Clean Cut Kid – Infidels outtake

3. Baby What You Want Me to Do – Infidels outtake

4. Foot of Pride – Infidels outtake

5. I and I – Infidels alternate take

6. Green, Green Grass of Home – Infidels outtake

7. Union Sundown – Infidels alternate take

8. Lord Protect My Child – Infidels outtake

9. Tell Me – Infidels outtake

LP-4

1. Enough is Enough [live] – Slane Castle, Ireland

2. License to Kill [live] – Late Night with David Letterman, March 22, 1984

3. Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground – Infidels outtake

4. Julius and Ethel – Infidels outtake

5. I’ll Remember You – Empire Burlesque alternate take

6. When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky [slow version] – Empire Burlesque

alternate take

7. Tight Connection to My Heart (Has Anybody Seen My Love) – Empire Burlesque

alternate mix

8. Emotionally Yours – Empire Burlesque alternate take

9. Clean Cut Kid – Empire Burlesque alternate take,

10. Straight A’s in Love – Empire Burlesque outtake

11. When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky [fast version] – Empire Burlesque

alternate take

All tracks previously unreleased except *

• 2 months later...

FYI The final remaining copies of Trout Mask Replica vault exclusive pressing are up for sale in the Vault Store.  I missed this the first when it was released but have an active membership still from the Bob Dylan box vault package so I was happy to grab a copy.  Also just received the Vault exclusive pressing of Boris' Flood which I'm very happy with.  I'll never get why they don't use lined inner sleeves in all their releases but that aside I feel like the pressing quality is slowly getting better at the Third Man plant 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Sold out already? 🤯

I think everything they put out (all at these crazy prices) sells out quickly and goes for even more on the secondary market. It’s not for me, but there’s definitely an audience for what they do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/arts/music/electric-recording-co-vinyl.html

• 2 months later...

I see the Vault price is going up $10 per package ($15 outside US/Canada). 

My annual subscription just renewed, so thankfully I dodged it for a year. But unless they up their game, blindly giving them $70 per package is going to be a big stretch for me. Some of the recent ones have been worth $40-50 max in my opinion.

For $70, I’d want to see at least a 3LP, plus 7” or DVD, plus a proper extra (meaning not just photo prints or other paper). 

Edited by fondfarewell

23 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Congrats on locking it in at the cheaper price....to reward you ....you get the worst vault package yet.  Enjoy.

I’ll take it over the singles compilations they used to do, if only for the Lucy Dacus 7”. But yeah, definitely not doing anything to justify the price bump. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 1:38 PM, Scruffy...the janitor said:

Anyone in Nashville or Detroit willing to help me with the new Jack White tri available tomorrow?  Though not in the same musical vein, I can help out with future Fat record store releases. 

It doesn’t hurt to ask, right? 

I ALMOST drove 9 hours to buy one of these in Nashville, after my movie in Winchester. But, then sanity kicked in. 😄

Edited by Plarocks

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any info on the latest Elephant repress? Not the 2022 one done by Wes Garland, but the United Record Pressing one by Transfermation on VMP. It’s a non VMP record and it’s $45 which is ridiculous considering the 2022 version is $30 on TMR. 
https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/the-white-stripes-elephant

Edited by Sad Heart