http://www.ssgmusic.com/interview-melvins-hold/

It's towards the bottom in the link.

B: We’re re-releasing the vinyl [from] Atlantic Records on Third Man. The guy from Third Man got the masters from Atlantic for the Stag record, he goes, “What are these two songs on here that aren’t on the record?” … “I dunno.” He tells us [the names] and I don’t remember what those are.

http://www.ssgmusic.com/interview-melvins-hold/

It's towards the bottom in the link.

B: We’re re-releasing the vinyl [from] Atlantic Records on Third Man. The guy from Third Man got the masters from Atlantic for the Stag record, he goes, “What are these two songs on here that aren’t on the record?” … “I dunno.” He tells us [the names] and I don’t remember what those are.

Hrm. Well that's a real bummer.

Why is it a real bummer? If you do want the record, now you can buy it. if you don't want the record then you don't.

It's a bummer that it's being put out by Third Man; I'm not a fan of Jack White or the gimmicky shit he does so I prefer not to support it. I may buy some still...but I'll only grab stuff if I can't find other pressings for comparable prices.

Edit: I'd also have liked to see someone like Fat Possum put these out so they'd be closer to the $20 mark than $30, but that's just me being cheap.

1. If you don't like the label...why are you even in this thread?

2. Tmr stuff is normally in that $20 price point not $30.

1) I check threads out sometimes just to see what's going on in the world of records, hoping to run across something I maybe didn't think I'd like.

2) Glad to hear that.

3) Thanks for policing me on which threads I should be in. ;)

That wasn't very nice of me, you were just showing concern about me wasting my time, I'm sure.

How is Third Man as far as replacing vault packages that have issues? Just got the Jack White Bonnaroo package today and the one corner of the box is noticeably busted up... debating on what to do.

You can email them. They won't start fielding complaints til after everything is sent out.