Thats because the shows that are announced months in advance are part of large tours.  The TMR shows are often booked after normal tours, just bands stopping in on their day off from tour or do a one off show when they have some free time.  Also on the occasion they are booked in advance it is a very small venue and they can not accommodate large crowds, which is why shows like Conan or Aziz were announced day of, to try and keep the crowd down (though it didn't work in either of those instances.)

Roger that. I was wondering the purpose for that. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Vault 25: New Dead Weather Record!

ResizedImage600480-V-25-Admat-FINAL.jpg

The ONLY special, limited edition version of the new album will be released as Vault Package #25, which will arrive the same week as the standard album release in September. The Dodge & Burn Vault Package will include:

• A limited edition Dodge & Burn LP on Inclement Weather vinyl (that is to say opaque yellow with black ‘debris’) housed in a soft-touch embossed sleeve featuring metallic ink and a Vault-exclusive alternate cover designed by Rob Jones, also featuring a limited edition bonus poster inside. .
  • The only physical version of the new Dead Weather 7” and single from Dodge & Burn on yellow vinyl with black debris.
  • A deck of custom Dead Weather playing cards designed by Silent Giants featuring the band members as the King, Queen, Jack and Joker. Previously released in limited numbers and now, due to popular demand, re-issued for the Vault only with new packaging artwork.

What's the resale market for TMR vault packages? I actually ask this because I don't want to subscribe to the vault package/don't have the money right now but I really want to buy the Dead Weather album and 7'' in the future. I'm just wondering if the price will just skyrocket and it's just better if I buy it now (saving up whatever pennies that I have).

What's the resale market for TMR vault packages? I actually ask this because I don't want to subscribe to the vault package/don't have the money right now but I really want to buy the Dead Weather album and 7'' in the future. I'm just wondering if the price will just skyrocket and it's just better if I buy it now (saving up whatever pennies that I have).

They definitely won't stay around that 60 dollar price. They usually end up on the secondary market for at least a 40 dollar mark up after the sign up deadline has passed, from what I've seen.

For just the 7" it'll set you back anywhere between $15 and $45, if the previous 2 Dead Weather Vault 7" prices on Discogs are any indication:

http://www.discogs.com/D%C3%A6d-W%C3%A6ther-The-Buzzkiller-Its-Just-Too-Bad/release/6150995

http://www.discogs.com/D%C3%A6d-W%C3%A6ther-The-Open-Up-Thats-Enough-Rough-Detective/release/5044969

I assumed it would stay at $60 or go down even further because of oversaturation of flippers who stock up on the vault package. No?

No.

The fact that they're only available to purchase for a 30 day period make them stay valuable. If you want one, I wouldn't recommend holding out for the after-market. Though, right when they start shipping, you might be able to snag one for just a bit over cost. 

What, exactly, is a soft touch sleeve? Very much looking forward to this release. Not looking forward to the lack of touring behind the new album.

It's a card stock that has a coating on it that makes the paper feel extra smooth and 'soft'. They used it on the elephant singles vault package. Can't say I am crazy about it. I used it a lot when designing brochures for high end brands. It's a tad too gimmicky for my taste. Having said that everything else about the package looks amazing.

Long time Jack White fan, but I just subscribed to the Vault for the first time because of this package. Just curious - do any of you actually play the Vault records? I'm just imagining a lot of die hard collectors don't. And I apologize if this has been discussed already in this thread.

I play all of mine. Except when there's a better sounding black record, like in the case of the newest package and lazaretto.