On 12/12/2019 at 7:53 AM, stl_ben said:

Can't wait to check out the Billie record.  Friend hopefully bringing it up next week.

Really good performance.  I imagine her shows aren't  usually very small these days.   Her new tune “Everything I Wanted” would’ve worked well in a tiny room like that.  Wish she would’ve played that but man its a great 30-40 minute show.   I was impressed.  

its not often my college aged daughter freaks out over an LP I own so this was a fun one for us to play.  

Edited by bear801

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, axisrecapital said:

Thanks for the heads up on that.  I picked one up.  I wonder why they have leftover units and how many they are releasing online?  In other words, what is the deal dude?

It has been awhile since they have done this, but when they switched from the ModLife format over to their own site for the Vault, they would frequently (usually once a month) do a drop on their site where they would put two or three random items from previous Vault packages into the novelties store. I think this is just continuing that process. There are not usually very many items available, and they are likely overstock not used to replace damaged or lost shipments. In the past, the items would sell out quite quick, but that also included some of the more rare early releases. I’m thinking most people who have followed Third Man for very long probably jumped on the Icky Thump package, and demand probably isn’t all that high at this point for the stand alone record. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to get the Grey copy of the Tenacious D- Don't Blow It, Kage 7"? Discogs has this listed "Jack Gray Vault member release. Sold in vault novelties." Was this only available through the vault or can it still be purchased? Didn't have any luck searching the TMR store. Any help appreciated!

7 minutes ago, Kjm23 said:

Anyone know how to get the Grey copy of the Tenacious D- Don't Blow It, Kage 7"? Discogs has this listed "Jack Gray Vault member release. Sold in vault novelties." Was this only available through the vault or can it still be purchased? Didn't have any luck searching the TMR store. Any help appreciated!

It was available in the Vault novelties store a while back but sold out. It was priced at a premium—$20 or $30 IIRC. 

16 hours ago, Kyle_ftl said:

I am looking to buy the Billie live at third man record, and I’m willing to pay a lot for it but the eBay prices for like $150 are a little high for me knowing they’re about to have a decent sized RSD release. Anyone here able to hook me up?

Just buy the black one when it comes out in June.

Geez, when did records start costing $100 each? 🤪

7 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Just buy the black one when it comes out in June.

Geez, when did records start costing $100 each? 🤪

I might end up doing that if I can't get my hands on a copy that is already out there!  I want to get all of Billie's discography and I started far too late.  There's so many limited items that I am doubtful I will ever have a chance to get.  Insanity.

1 hour ago, Kyle_ftl said:

I might end up doing that if I can't get my hands on a copy that is already out there!  I want to get all of Billie's discography and I started far too late.  There's so many limited items that I am doubtful I will ever have a chance to get.  Insanity.

Believe it or not, if you stay a fan for decades, you just might do it!

I have been a fan of Tori Amos since 1992, and a lot of her rare records have gone WAY down in price.

I actually regret not selling one of my original Y Kant Tori Read LPs for $150 years ago.

They sell for $50-$60 now. 😄

On 6/4/2018 at 8:08 PM, JustSchwimmer said:

More rare useless stuff inside the vault, including an uncut sheet of inserts for only $150 bucks! (I already bought one cause I hate myself):

Vault 33 - White Stripes "Icky Thump X" Uncut Insert Poster by Rob Jones

Behold! If you were here for Vault 33, then you have one of the Rob Jones-designed inserts from that package. Well here’s all nine of them in their original, uncut sheet form as sent to TMR at the end of the printing run of Icky Thump X inserts. This 24”X36” poster print is hyper-rare, available in extremely limited quantities, and was recently unearthed from the TMR warehouse to be made available first to you, our loyal Vault members. While every effort will be made to pack these posters as carefully as possible, they have been in storage and are being sold AS-IS. All sales are FINAL, and no returns/exchanges/refunds will be issued for minor imperfections along the lines of dinged edges/corners, slightly bent corners, stray clear microscopic fibers, etc.

ws_poster.jpg

They added a white version of this poster to the vault in case anyone is interested. 

I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread yet, but the new Brendan Benson album is out and is pretty good. I would encourage a listen. I feel like with most albums nowadays the singles are my least favorite on the album and are not a good representation of the album as a whole.

The pink indie exclusive is still around, I bought it from Bull Moose a couple days back.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34381688/benson-brendan-dear-life-opaque-pink-vinyl-indie-exclusive

Also available at Zia

https://www.ziarecords.com/p/11760598/benson-brendan-dear-life-opaque-pink-vinyl-indie-exclusive

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 12:55 AM, kas1985 said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread yet, but the new Brendan Benson album is out and is pretty good. I would encourage a listen. I feel like with most albums nowadays the singles are my least favorite on the album and are not a good representation of the album as a whole.

The pink indie exclusive is still around, I bought it from Bull Moose a couple days back.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34381688/benson-brendan-dear-life-opaque-pink-vinyl-indie-exclusive

Also available at Zia

https://www.ziarecords.com/p/11760598/benson-brendan-dear-life-opaque-pink-vinyl-indie-exclusive

I really enjoyed it. Short, but in a good way.