50 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

No one else has the charge?

The charge will recur, exactly 3 months to the day from when you initially joined, and then on that same day of the month every three months from that point until cancelled. It is unusual in this case because they have usually announced the next offering by now. The only sure way to make sure you don’t get charged for something you may not want is to cancel right after paying, or before your 3 months is up. 

I think its less sneaky and more just their approval cycle doesn't always match up with when you decide to pay.  For instance the vault is always announced in the 3rd month of a cycle, you could always sign up in one of the first 2 months and your payment would always be before the announcement.  IMO its best to sign up the last day possible to have as much time as possible to wait for the next announcement. 

vault47_banner.jpg

On July 30th, 2014 Jack White played one of the most captivating live shows of his career. With the friendly confines of Detroit’s Masonic Temple providing as much of a home field advantage as White could ever get, this tour-de-force, three hour plus, 38 song barn-burner of a set spanned the breadth of his recorded career and left all comers in its wake gobsmacked, a testament to the undiminished magnetism of a performer at the height of his powers.

Kicking off at breakneck pace with three sizzling fan favorites from the White Stripes back catalog, the impromptu song selection never loses focus and instead delivers body blow after body blow of unrelenting passion. Inspired, off-the-cuff covers of Beck’s “Devil’s Haircut” to Zeppelin’s “Lemon Song”, Hank Williams’ “Ramblin’ Man” to Junior Wells’ “Hoodoo Man” absolutely delight. White’s Dead Weather bandmates Alison Mosshart and Dean Fertita unexpectedly join onstage for a particularly heavy version of “I Cut Like a Buffalo.” Chock full of delightful stage banter, local references and even a laugh-out-loud takedown of a supposed icon (you’ll have to listen to know exactly), the performance manages to blow everyone’s mind, both satiating desire and yet quizzically also leaving them wanting more...such are the paradoxes of a truly transcendent evening.

As Third Man Records’ 47th Vault package, we are proud to present here for the first time, Jack White Live at the Masonic Temple 7-30-14. Spanning four 180-gram colored vinyl LPs, housed in an immaculate slipcase cover with custom printed photo inner sleeves, bedecked with stunning photos shot that evening by official tour photographer David Swanson, the overall package is exquisite and grand in a manner befitting of the audio it contains.

For an extra special added bonus, Third Man is including a 7-inch single of Jack White’s October 2020 performance on Saturday Night Live. Jumping in with two days notice to fill the musical guest slot, White unleashed an explosive power trio medley of “Don’t Hurt Yourself” (a song he co-wrote with Beyonce and included on her “Lemonade” album) into the White Stripes’ classic “Ball and Biscuit” while interpolating elements of “Jesus Is Coming Soon”, a song originally written by Blind Willie Johnson about the 1918 Spanish Flu outbreak that feels uniquely relatable in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic. On the flipside is White’s blistering reimagination of his 2014 track “Lazaretto” with a brief, respectable, finger-tapping solo nod to Eddie Van Halen (performed on an EVH signature model guitar), who passed away earlier that week. Inarguably one of the most talked about and praised Saturday Night Live musical performances in some time, it felt only right to enshrine these takes into the vinyl permanence.

1. Fell in Love with a Girl
2. Astro
3. The Big Three Killed My Baby
4. High Ball Stepper
5. Lazaretto
6. Missing Pieces
7. Just One Drink
8. Hotel Yorba
9. You Know That I Know
10. Love Interruption
11. Weep Themselves to Sleep
12. I Cut Like a Buffalo
13. Cannon
14. Hoodoo Man (Junior Wells cover)
15. Icky Thump
16. Screwdriver
17. Ramblin’ Man (Hank Williams cover)
18. Apple Blossom
19. Three Women
20. The Same Boy You’ve Always Known
21. We’re Going To Be Friends
22. Sugar Never Tasted So Good
23. Entitlement
24. Alone in My Home
25. Steady, As She Goes
26. Ball and Biscuit
27. The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin cover)
28. The Hardest Button to Button
29. Sixteen Saltines
30. Devils Haircut (Beck cover)
31. Hypocritical Kiss
32. That Black Bat Licorice
33. Would You Fight For My Love?
34. Blue Blood Blues
35. You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)
36. My Doorbell
37. I Fought Piranhas
38. Seven Nation Army

Saturday Night Live 7-inch single
Don’t Hurt Yourself / Ball and Biscuit / Jesus is Coming Soon (Blind Willie Johnson)
Lazaretto

This release makes me hopeful to maybe eventually see a release of his Lolla Aftershow at the Metro in 2018. It would be awesome to have that as a live album since I was actually there. At this point in my collection, his Live at Bonnaroo 2014 vault package is the only other live album I own of a show I actually attended. This package looks sick though and remember being insanely jealous of that setlist after it happened.

18 hours ago, rickker said:

Back in for this.

I was at this show. The energy on stage and in the crowd was incredible. The man was on fire that night.

I was there too and yeah, the energy in the room was amazing. My wife and I were at the Fox Theater show 2 nights earlier as well. That show didn't go well overall so I've always thought that fired Jack up for Wednesday night. 

I'm so stoked for this Vault. 

3 hours ago, russtcb said:

I was there too and yeah, the energy in the room was amazing. My wife and I were at the Fox Theater show 2 nights earlier as well. That show didn't go well overall so I've always thought that fired Jack up for Wednesday night. 

I'm so stoked for this Vault. 

Olympia comped too many tickets to Quicken Loans employees for the Fox show. The crowd wasn't engaged at all. That is why he walked off after the initial eight songs.

34 minutes ago, rickker said:

Olympia comped too many tickets to Quicken Loans employees for the Fox show. The crowd wasn't engaged at all. That is why he walked off after the initial eight songs.

Yep. My wife and I were in the center of the orchestra pit having a blast but we could see so many people not paying attention when we looked around. 

The show ended up being great when he returned but I still thought that it might have given more fire to the show 2 days later. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Third Man Fans... I had a question for you all.  I'm wanting a new guitar and therefore looking to let go some of my Third Man stuff.  Obviously on eBay to get what I want, but that being said do you all think it would be better as one entire lot or to piece it out between the 3 things I have below?  Appreciate any insight as I'm new to selling, but hoping to make it as easy as possible.  Cheers!

Third Man Vault Package #1

Third Man Vault Package #2

Tri-Color 'Cut Like a Buffalo' 7"

Edited by gabe005

• 1 month later...

Vault #48, White Stripes - White Blood Cells XX, sign up by midnight April 30th

https://thirdmanrecords.com/news/third-man-records-announces-vault-package-48-white-blood-cells-xx

Featured Image

20th anniversary 2LP companion to the album with 13 unreleased tracks & unreleased 2001 live set. Plus DVD with footage on the making of the album, 12x12 booklet with flyers, photos etc 

DISC ONE (DEMOS, OUTTAKES AND ALTERNATE MIXES)

Side A:

1. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (previously unreleased boombox demo take 1)

2. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (previously unreleased boombox demo take 2)

3. Hotel Yorba (previously unreleased alternate take live at the Hotel Yorba)

4. Fell In Love With a Girl (previously unreleased alternate take)

5. The Union Forever (previously unreleased working mix without interlude)

6. Offend In Every Way (previously unreleased acoustic boombox demo)

7. That’s Where It’s At (previously unreleased outtake)

Side B:

8. Ooh-Aah (previously unreleased demo)

9. I Can’t Wait (previously unreleased alternate mix)

10. Hey Mary (previously unreleased demo)

11. Feel Like I’m Three Feet Tall (previously unreleased boombox demo)

12. Rated X (previously unreleased alternate take live at the Hotel Yorba)

13. This Protector (previously unreleased alternate take)

DISC TWO (LIVE AT HEADLINERS, LOUISVILLE, KY - SEPTEMBER 6th, 2001)

Side C

1. When I Hear My Name

2. Death Letter / Grinnin’ In Your Face

3. Lord, Send Me An Angel

4. You’re Pretty Good Looking (For A Girl)

5. Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground

6. Hotel Yorba

7. Truth Doesn’t Make A Noise

8. I Think I Smell A Rat

Side D

1. Jolene

2. We’re Going To Be Friends

3. Expecting

4. The Union Forever

5. The Same Boy You’ve Always Known

6. Apple Blossom

7. Cannon / John The Revelator