1 hour ago, dreamover said:

Pricy, but this shadowbox 3d show print from the boston show last night is insanely cool. 

spacer.png

https://danieldanger.storenvy.com/products/35625802-jack-white-shadowbox?fbclid=IwAR2Jsrl8mDBPK2pQogqmhAzCCOvHC9tyXFR_TgCj5JxUZyX7cMzn61ptxvU

I was at the show last night. I try to get a poster at every Jack White related show that I go to, have been doing so for 19 years. This was the first time I didn’t see uptake on an item like this. There was the regular /300 poster that sold for $50, then this which was /200 for $333. I only saw one person with one at the show. I suspect there are many leftover. It also probably didn’t help that they didn’t display them at all, so you couldn’t see what you were getting without asking to have one brought up to visualize. 

Edited by kas1985

1 hour ago, kas1985 said:

I was at the show last night. I try to get a poster at every Jack White related show that I go to, have been doing so for 19 years. This was the first time I didn’t see uptake on an item like this. There was the regular /300 poster that sold for $50, then this which was /200 for $333. I only saw one person with one at the show. I suspect there are many leftover. It also probably didn’t help that they didn’t display them at all, so you couldn’t see what you were getting without asking to have one brought up to visualize. 

i can't imagine buying this at a show without knowing about it beforehand and lugging it around the venue.

Though, the regular print is also pretty rad!

Edited by dreamover

That poster is awesome, but I couldn’t justify spending $333 on one. 

Seeing him tomorrow in DC. Stoked cause he is always great at The Anthem. Definitely gonna get a print, and excited for early entry and actually getting off work early. No anxiety about getting there on time. Haha. 

On 4/18/2022 at 9:00 PM, Sad Heart said:

That poster is awesome, but I couldn’t justify spending $333 on one. 

Seeing him tomorrow in DC. Stoked cause he is always great at The Anthem. Definitely gonna get a print, and excited for early entry and actually getting off work early. No anxiety about getting there on time. Haha. 

Did you end up getting a print? Or spring for the uncut sheet?

Just now, kas1985 said:

Did you end up getting a print? Or spring for the uncut sheet?

I got a print. Not my favorite. It’s odd that the tour info is on the back so it just looks like a giant baseball card. I didn’t want to pay $200 for a large version a print I only semi like. The artist sold them for $100 on his site last night too. Show was fantastic though. Glad I did VIP and got right up front. 

On 4/20/2022 at 11:38 AM, stl_ben said:

So RSD is 3 days away....and still no news from TMR/Jack White?  Are they really not participating?

Looks like from the news email they sent out, the only promotion they are doing is 10% off at the Nashville, Detroit, London stores with a receipt from a local record store from RSD, which would be the first RSD or BF RSD they haven’t had a release for since becoming a label in 2009 I believe. 

• 2 months later...

THIRD MAN RECORDS ANNOUNCES VAULT PACKAGE #53: PRIMUS: THE REVENANT JUKE A COLLECTION OF FABLES AND FARCE

Third Man Records is excited to announce Vault Package #53Primus: The Revenant Juke -- A Collection of Fables and Farcefeaturing six colored 7" records -- the band's first 7" releases in their 30-plus years as a group -- with individual sleeve artwork, all housed in a custom telescoping box. Sign up is open now through July 31 at midnight CST.

So I'm a huge Primus fan and am incredibly underwhelmed at what TMR is putting out for them. Has the vault release EVER been this boring? I mean, it's just two songs per 7" that are already available on their full length LP's. They could have done so many things with Primus that would have made it an instant buy for me and it's this instead.

6 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

So I'm a huge Primus fan and am incredibly underwhelmed at what TMR is putting out for them. Has the vault release EVER been this boring? I mean, it's just two songs per 7" that are already available on their full length LP's. They could have done so many things with Primus that would have made it an instant buy for me and it's this instead.

It feels like their weakest vault offering since Vault Package 19, which was 4 7" records with the a-sides all being tracks off of Elephant. https://www.discogs.com/release/5346052-The-White-Stripes-Elephant-Singles-Box-Set

5 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Same here. Have everything Primus has released but would never spin this. Canceled my sub as soon as I read the contents unfortunately. 

22 hours ago, natenomm said:

It feels like their weakest vault offering since Vault Package 19, which was 4 7" records with the a-sides all being tracks off of Elephant. https://www.discogs.com/release/5346052-The-White-Stripes-Elephant-Singles-Box-Set

Does that at least have b-sides making it worth owning?