10 minutes ago, jhulud said:

How's Third Man with addressing damaged packaging? I ask b/c I received Dopesmoker boxset today. The bottom spine of the box itself is crimped and crushed. I'd hoped that it would have been shipped in a sturdier mailer or box. 

If you send them an email with a photo of the damage, they will send you a replacement. Just do it quickly, I think you only have 7 or 14 days to do so after you receive it. I have had similar situations and gotten replacements easily, but appropriately so. 

Just now, kas1985 said:

If you send them an email with a photo of the damage, they will send you a replacement. Just do it quickly, I think you only have 7 or 14 days to do so after you receive it. I have had similar situations and gotten replacements easily, but appropriately so. 

Awesome. Thank you. 

20 hours ago, kas1985 said:

21 hours ago, jhulud said:

How's Third Man with addressing damaged packaging? I ask b/c I received Dopesmoker boxset today. The bottom spine of the box itself is crimped and crushed. I'd hoped that it would have been shipped in a sturdier mailer or box. 

well shit! something similar happened to mine, wasn't bad enough that I really worried about it but had I known that I might've messaged them. 

I finally got round to signing up the Vault as I was paying £19.99 a month for Tidal anyway, so this way I'm basically making money*. The customer service folks were incredibly prompt & polite . Not blown away by the Primus reveal (naturally I'd have loved the Sleep LP I just missed out on), but it'll be a fun curio even if I won't spin them often.

*may not be mathematically sound

19 hours ago, Vince Ives said:

I finally got round to signing up the Vault as I was paying £19.99 a month for Tidal anyway, so this way I'm basically making money*. The customer service folks were incredibly prompt & polite . Not blown away by the Primus reveal (naturally I'd have loved the Sleep LP I just missed out on), but it'll be a fun curio even if I won't spin them often.

*may not be mathematically sound

If you feel like parting with it for retail down the road hit me up. I may be interested. Obviously if you can make some decent bank you should go that route instead.

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

I still haven't even listened to the 2 new jack white records but I'm sure i'll pick this up, i have all his solo stuff.

I’ve listened to the new album a lot. Two of the tracks on there are probably in my top 10 Jack songs. I need to listen to the acoustic album more. I’m gonna try to do that this weekend. Saw him in DC a couple months ago, and recently in Baltimore and Charlotte. Both shows were great, but DC was definitely my favorite. Managed to snag a foil print at the Charlotte show. The Baltimore show had a “contest” poster which was kinda of interesting. You can either keep the print in tact, or fill out the entry form at the bottom to possibly win a limited edition Warsaw bar, or signed album. I decided to keep mine since the odds were so small. Seeing him at a smaller venue in Asheville next Friday. Stoked for that. The new stuff has been really fun live. 
0-D2-CD6-B0-F2-EA-44-BC-81-BA-8-A16-D97-

• 2 months later...

Thought this might be of some interest to some here… I can’t get images to load here.

Jack White triple vinyl collectors set housed in a box and featuring his two hit albums from 2022 Fear of The Dawn / Entering Heaven Alive plus a bonus disc of live tracks from White's already legendary 2021 performance on Damien Hirst's balcony in Soho, London.

Back in April Mr White dropped the first of two albums promised for 2022. Fear Of The Dawn - as we said - came out all guns blazing as he seemed to rip up his own rule book and put it back together with some serious riffs, killer tunes and some exceptional studio magic. Like The Stooges in a cosmic glam punch up with Funkadelic it's completely wonky, thunderous and a whole lot of fun. Then in July we got Entering Heaven Alive where our Jack turned back to what we all know and love but still with just enough slant to elevate himself above everyone else. Here he turns his machines off and drops track after track of undisputed gold. It's still got it's left field surprises though - check the outstanding 'I've Got You Surrounded (With My Love)' for proof of that.

He basically made two albums that any other artist or band would kill for just one of! Just a talented young man and an absolute don.

Oh yeah - he opened a Third Man store in London's Soho too. A truly wonderful place we couldn't recommend more. On it's opening day he surprised everyone with a five song set from Damien Hurst's balcony, ripping through 'Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground', 'Lazaretto', 'Steady, As She Goes', 'We're Going To Be Friends' and 'Seven Nation Army' which are all included on this very special release. If you were there, you'll know how fantastic it was. Didn't get shut down either. Magic.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/product/jack-white/fear-of-the-dawn-entering-heaven-alive-and-live-from-marshall-st-2

18 hours ago, kas1985 said:

Thought this might be of some interest to some here… I can’t get images to load here.

Jack White triple vinyl collectors set housed in a box and featuring his two hit albums from 2022 Fear of The Dawn / Entering Heaven Alive plus a bonus disc of live tracks from White's already legendary 2021 performance on Damien Hirst's balcony in Soho, London.

Back in April Mr White dropped the first of two albums promised for 2022. Fear Of The Dawn - as we said - came out all guns blazing as he seemed to rip up his own rule book and put it back together with some serious riffs, killer tunes and some exceptional studio magic. Like The Stooges in a cosmic glam punch up with Funkadelic it's completely wonky, thunderous and a whole lot of fun. Then in July we got Entering Heaven Alive where our Jack turned back to what we all know and love but still with just enough slant to elevate himself above everyone else. Here he turns his machines off and drops track after track of undisputed gold. It's still got it's left field surprises though - check the outstanding 'I've Got You Surrounded (With My Love)' for proof of that.

He basically made two albums that any other artist or band would kill for just one of! Just a talented young man and an absolute don.

Oh yeah - he opened a Third Man store in London's Soho too. A truly wonderful place we couldn't recommend more. On it's opening day he surprised everyone with a five song set from Damien Hurst's balcony, ripping through 'Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground', 'Lazaretto', 'Steady, As She Goes', 'We're Going To Be Friends' and 'Seven Nation Army' which are all included on this very special release. If you were there, you'll know how fantastic it was. Didn't get shut down either. Magic.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/product/jack-white/fear-of-the-dawn-entering-heaven-alive-and-live-from-marshall-st-2

It's like a mini Vault Box. I didn't own either of these albums yet so this was a pretty easy buy for me.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, webdoggy said:

I don’t mean this negatively, just genuinely curious, what’s noteworthy/special about the mono mix?

Did you watch the YouTube trailer? It explains it on there. They are mastering it from the original 1/4” tapes, along with the original board. It’ll be cool to hear the album in a new way (at least I think it’s cool). Not for everyone, but I really enjoy the mono mix of the Ramones S/T, along with Icky Thump from the first vault release. 

The YouTube video and press release also mention slight changes to songs (extra bars at the end of Seven Nation Army, extra misc studio noise at the beginning/end of other songs, etc.).  While it doesn't seem like it will be much different, there will still be some little things that differentiate it, beside the mono mix. I haven't grabbed a vault release in a few years but this is tempting. I wish I had that Icky Thump mono mix too.

2 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

The YouTube video and press release also mention slight changes to songs (extra bars at the end of Seven Nation Army, extra misc studio noise at the beginning/end of other songs, etc.).  While it doesn't seem like it will be much different, there will still be some little things that differentiate it, beside the mono mix. I haven't grabbed a vault release in a few years but this is tempting. I wish I had that Icky Thump mono mix too.

I’d love to get my hands on it one day. Sucks since it was the first vault so it goes for a fuck ton. I’ll probably never own it.